Cardiff caravan park, worth a visit. (1 Viewer)

phodetheus

Free Member
Jan 20, 2014
Full timer
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
3 months
Cardiff caravan park is quite a surprise in that its located right in the middle of Cardiff itself situated within the large multi purpose park, rather like Central Park in New York, although not square, or Hyde Park in London. Whilst the pitch fees are quite expensive the location makes up for this and certainly seems very popular as when we stayed here at the beginning of April the site was just over half full by my estimation.

Read more....

longdog

Banned
Apr 16, 2013
Funster No
Cardiff caravan park is quite a surprise in that its located right in the middle of Cardiff itself situated within the large multi purpose park, rather like Central Park in New York, although not square, or Hyde Park in London. Whilst the pitch fees are quite expensive the location makes up for this and certainly seems very popular as when we stayed here at the beginning of April the site was just over half full by my estimation.

Read more....

I can recommend this site too, although we live in Swansea, we have stayed here a few times. You will need to book because it can fill up quickly if there is anything on at the Millenium Stadium or the Motorpoint Arena.

The park is Bute Park and is great for cycling or walking around and it has a couple of nice little cafés for a snack and refreshements too.

There is a water bus within a short walk which takes you to Cardiff Bay, well worth the effort it is too. I can also recommend the pub near the entrance, "Y Mochyn Ddu" (The Black Pig for non-Welsh speakers!), it has good food and real ale and a nice atmosphere too.

Last edited:
OP
OP
phodetheus

phodetheus

Free Member
Jan 20, 2014
Full timer
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
3 months
Is it? I thought it was Pontcanna Fields. I always thought Bute Park was on the other side of the river. Mind you it is many years since I lived there.

You are quite correct. All looks like its all one park to be fair.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back