Insurance con-they get better (1 Viewer)

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
After reading various reports from Funsters last year about some insurance companies NOT supplying you with proof of NCB, I have just experienced this new con for myself.
After being with The Insurance Factory ( Oxford) for two years they are now begining to increase there prices quite a lot so I thought I would do some shopping around.
Simple you may say, not so. As they WILL NOT supply my 10 years + NCB any new policy I take out starts from zero NCB. After a very lengthy chat with Safegueard, who do not condone this practice, they suggested I contact the last company to supply me with my proof. In 2010/11 I was with Saga and afer explaining the situation they sent me proof of NCB upto then which was 10 years. Safeguard were happy to accept this and gave me a very competative price, which is normally not like them. So after a few days of anger and frustration I have my NCB back and will NEVER again trust the so called others. Always ask before you buy if they use this new con of not providing bonus proof, if so avoid as you may not be as lucky to retrieve your proof.

May 13, 2012
West Mids
Funster No
MH
Bailey Advance 6-2
Exp
since 2012
After reading various reports from Funsters last year about some insurance companies NOT supplying you with proof of NCB, I have just experienced this new con for myself.
After being with The Insurance Factory ( Oxford) for two years they are now begining to increase there prices quite a lot so I thought I would do some shopping around.
Simple you may say, not so. As they WILL NOT supply my 10 years + NCB any new policy I take out starts from zero NCB. After a very lengthy chat with Safegueard, who do not condone this practice, they suggested I contact the last company to supply me with my proof. In 2010/11 I was with Saga and afer explaining the situation they sent me proof of NCB upto then which was 10 years. Safeguard were happy to accept this and gave me a very competative price, which is normally not like them. So after a few days of anger and frustration I have my NCB back and will NEVER again trust the so called others. Always ask before you buy if they use this new con of not providing bonus proof, if so avoid as you may not be as lucky to retrieve your proof.

I was under the impression that NCB didnt have the same impact as it does for motor cars?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

fatbuddha

Free Member
Mar 6, 2012
Gods Waiting Room
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam T-line 700
Exp
since 2004
although I have a number of years NCD on my motorhome, I was told last year when making a claim through my insurers, Comfort, that they do not operate like NCDs on a car. if I wanted to retain my NCD discount, I'd have to pay a small premium (c£40 I think) as a one-off to retain a status quo. I did and my premium for this year has hardly moved.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back