Swift Motorhomes Quality Service (1 Viewer)

Sweet Chariot

Free Member
Sep 30, 2007
Staffordshire Moorlands
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2006
Some may remember me posting that I had problems with 2 of my 3 large Decals bubbling with water ingress on my van (Autocruise) which at the time was 15 months old. Brownhills who supplied the Van were shall I say not over helpful. I will say that in a small way I spit my dummy out and also had a slight dig at Swift who had taken over Autocruise but let me be quite clear Swift were not owners of Autocruise not when my Van was sold.
On seeing I was not happy with their offer which was to provide the Decals at cost price they sent me them and arranged for Mark from Central Leisure Services to visit my home and fit them with no charge.This did take some considerable time but throughout the time they maintained contact with me explaining any delays.

Let me say Swift were under no obligation to assist me and yet they did. This is not a promotion for Swift just because I got something for nothing as I suggested the Decals were removed and Swift thought this would spoil the Van. Thanks to Peter, Amy, Lynsey,Kath and Mark from CLS. what a pleasant bloke who I think will never want see another Decal.:thumb:

Last edited:

shortcircuit

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Funster No
Great you got the response you have had.

Unfortuntely I am a not taken in by Swifts actions. I have emailed them, posted on this and other forums with a simple request about identifing a lock fitted to the habitation door of a Swift Kontiki, with the only response being there stock answer of contacting a dealer. They appear to consider that their dealers will rectify problems on any motorhome which in my part of the world is not the case unless supplied by themselves.

My view is that if it is a simple easy fix, without future cost ramifications to themselves, they fall over themselves to be seen to be the pro-active manufacturer - Just a smoke screen

I hope they can prove me wrong

Last edited:

buccaneer

Free Member
Oct 14, 2007
Funster No
last edited reason speelling:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

estcres

Free Member
Oct 9, 2007
Sunny Bournemouth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
Swift Group

I cannot fault the SWIFT group for the help they have given me over the past 6 months or so.

I have a 1999 BESSACARR E695 which has had several minor problems and they have been very helpful.

When I required a habitation wiring diagram they e mailed it to me within 24 hours and only today did they advise where I can obtain a high level brake LED as the one on my unit has failed. Even though they don't stock them anymore they gave me a website to visit and even the suppliers part number.

Only hope they will be as helpful with my next 2 requests, habitation door requires some replacement hinges and the bottom half of the roof ladder has cracked on the hinge which makes it unsafe to use.

OP
OP
Sweet Chariot

Sweet Chariot

Free Member
Sep 30, 2007
Staffordshire Moorlands
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2006
Great you got the response you have had.

Unfortuntely I am a not taken in by Swifts actions. I have emailed them, posted on this and other forums with a simple request about identifying a lock fitted to the habitation door of a Swift Kontiki, with the only response being there stock answer of contacting a dealer. They appear to consider that their dealers will rectify problems on any motorhome which in my part of the world is not the case unless supplied by themselves.

My view is that if it is a simple easy fix, without future cost ramifications to themselves, they fall over themselves to be seen to be the pro-active manufacturer - Just a smoke screen

Sorry your experience has not been so pleasing try ringing them and ask to speak to Kath,Amy or Lynsey I have always found them very helpful. What I had to be reminded of was the fact that in actual fact it should be the Dealers dealing with the problem initially not the Manufacturer.:thumb:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp

Hi,

Seeing as you have already solved your problem yourself why keep on trying to knock Swift at every oportunity.

Their customer service is not a smoke screen and neither was mine when I offered my companies service to you.

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

shortcircuit

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Funster No
Peter

As you are aware, I live way up in Scotland, and whilst I appreciate your offer, it is not realistic.

Yes I have found a solution and hopefully it will last. I would however prefer a permanent solution rather than a fix by myself.

The original supplier of the Kontiki is no longer trading and I have been given the cold shoulder by a local dealer, contrary to Swifts view.

Is it that difficult for Swift to identify a lock that they fitted?

P

PatM

Deleted User
I cannot fault the SWIFT group for the help they have given me over the past 6 months or so.

I have a 1999 BESSACARR E695 which has had several minor problems and they have been very helpful.

When I required a habitation wiring diagram they e mailed it to me within 24 hours and only today did they advise where I can obtain a high level brake LED as the one on my unit has failed. Even though they don't stock them anymore they gave me a website to visit and even the suppliers part number.

Only hope they will be as helpful with my next 2 requests, habitation door requires some replacement hinges and the bottom half of the roof ladder has cracked on the hinge which makes it unsafe to use.

Yes, I had problems dealing with Brownhills with my 06 Suntor but once I got the ear of Jenny Holmes at Swift, things took a turn for the better. IT is a case of who you get there- after the first years fiasco with defects, it was down to the windows that were replaced being a different colour to the ones fitted as rectification- I complained and was told the stock answer- sorry mate, manufacturers claim they will age- B**l*x I thought, and dug my heels in to get them all replaced, rather than the m/home resembling a patchwork quilt. Eventually, they were all done- but I had to pay B/hills for the fit (as my wife didn't trust me to do the job...)

Rgds

PatM

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back