Free Member
Jan 16, 2014
kent
Funster No
MH
Renault van conversion
Exp
on/off since 1991in campervanss
I have just arrived at rogers cl , what a great place, rogers a top guy, I am going to spend a week here , I have my mountain bike and a motorbike with me so I Will be busy exploring devon, this also gives me a good chance to test my new solar controller and 2 new batteries, let's hope this glorious weather continues
Pete

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
I have just arrived at rogers cl , what a great place, rogers a top guy, I am going to spend a week here , I have my mountain bike and a motorbike with me so I Will be busy exploring devon, this also gives me a good chance to test my new solar controller and 2 new batteries, let's hope this glorious weather continues
Pete

Let us know how your new controller etc gets on - good time for a test to over the next few days, seems a reasonable weather forecast too.

We found a cracking café just as you go into Ilfracombe town itself, can't remember the name but an absolute breakfast to remember. Roger may be able to advise
:thumb:
Don't forget to go to the Victorian heated seawater pool - through the caves. Talk about how the other half used to live,,,,,, a big boiler gurgling away from the pool, drag in sea water, heat it and put it back into a pool dug out of the rocks - exclusive for the upper class to paddle in, don't you know.
:roflmto:

Regards,

Trikeman. :winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
We found a cracking café just as you go into Ilfracombe town itself, can't remember the name but an absolute breakfast to remember. Roger may be able to advise
:thumb:

Regards,

Trikeman. :winky:
no idea as I eat at home, hee hee, however the first café as you come into town by the traffic lights at walmer road is the Blue angel. I thought that was a vegetarian place but maybe they do a dual menu, The next I can think of is the Swiss cottage, and then there is another right on the corner at the next set of traffic lights so ring any bells?

OddSocks

Free Member
Apr 10, 2014
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hiya! :Smile:

My wife and I are planning to join you there on Thursday - so long as I can repair my engine tomorrow. I have been promised the parts will arrive in the post, so should all be good. I am staying in all day to await said parts and ten fit them and the wife is going out to buy bedding for the camper! If everything goes according to plan I will see you there some time Thursday afternoon. It is our first trip out and we are on a mission of discovery. 'Citing! ::bigsmile:

We are also testing solar - there is an unknown panel fitted to the camper and what appears from the paper work to be a relatively new battery. So we will see how much power we have available to us. I also have a new inverter. So I am on a steep learning curve, but feel goo that there will be some friendly folks around to help us with that! :winky:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
UK Pete at the lazy buzzard

with 3 people in yesterday and "ODDSOCKS" arriving today looks like there will be a few funsters to help me celebrate my birthday at the weekend. As we made our way home last night there was another glorious sunset of which we have many, I wonder if Pete spotted it I took the photo as I drove back into town.

It looks like we may have a great day today again. Other campers had gone to visit Arlington court the ancestral home of the Chichester family (Sir Francis, gypsy moth and all that) They came back buzzing. The house houses many different collections, shells, model boat, pewter, clothes, toys etc as well as the National Carrige Museum which currently has the state coach on display (massive gold covered coronation coach).

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
:Smile:Brilliant Roger. Please will you post information on the vegetarian restaurant please....... is it on the bus route that goes from outside your gate please?:Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back