Free Member
Nov 10, 2012
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Funsters be aware!!!!!!

3rd September last year I booked and paid return travel including inside cabin both ways on the Norman Voyager Portsmouth to Le Havre .

Today I received an email saying that the above ferry no longer services this route. The new ship is Transmanche Seven Sisters. and as this ship has less inside cabins they are being held for" Freight customers".

The options I have been given are ;

1. Pay to upgrade to an outside cabin.

2. Cancel my cabin and use a reclining seat.

3. Cancel all together and receive a refund.

I rang them and told the French Lady I will be traveling from Glasgow to Portsmouth, Overnighting in a cabin and driving to South of France next day.

All she said was, "So what option would you like ."

What a shower of shite.

Don't you think?

Deleted User
LD lines !!!!!:RollEyes:

Norman Voyager now services that route for Brittany Ferries Economie service renamed Etretat

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
I want to use the new Gijon ferry to Poole in October, has anyone been able to book this ferry yet?

Alan

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geejay

Free Member
Dec 25, 2011
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
Judo Chop, I think they should upgrade you at no cost to yourself. They caused the problem. Try Citizen's Advice for info or any Caravan club you are in or see if your home/car insurance offers free legal advice. Try ABTA, Trading Standards or whoever regulates ferries. Press your claim for a free upgrade, by escalating to someone higher up in Customer Services.

OP
OP
Jim and Lorraine

Jim and Lorraine

Free Member
Nov 10, 2012
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Judo Chop, I think they should upgrade you at no cost to yourself. They caused the problem. Try Citizen's Advice for info or any Caravan club you are in or see if your home/car insurance offers free legal advice. Try ABTA, Trading Standards or whoever regulates ferries. Press your claim for a free upgrade, by escalating to someone higher up in Customer Services.

Thanks GeeJay, I was told by the lady that France is an hour ahead of UK and she was the only one left. I am in CC so thanks again for the steer on that one.

Jim

sandrae

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Glastonbury
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Long time
Funsters be aware!!!!!!

3rd September last year I booked and paid return travel including inside cabin both ways on the Norman Voyager Portsmouth to Le Havre .

Today I received an email saying that the above ferry no longer services this route. The new ship is Transmanche Seven Sisters. and as this ship has less inside cabins they are being held for" Freight customers".

The options I have been given are ;

1. Pay to upgrade to an outside cabin.

2. Cancel my cabin and use a reclining seat.

3. Cancel all together and receive a refund.

I rang them and told the French Lady I will be traveling from Glasgow to Portsmouth, Overnighting in a cabin and driving to South of France next day.

All she said was, "So what option would you like ."

What a shower of shite.

Don't you think?

That's rubbish service! :Angry::Angry::Angry:

We too are booked with DFDS Portsmouth to Le Havre on 2 June with an inside cabin. Not heard anything form DFDS - yet - but I'll be very, very angry if I do and will seek a free upgrade. It's interesting to see that there is no mention of cabin booking in their T&Cs. All it says is that once a booking is made if is a 'binding contract'. Should be interesting to see what a lawyer would make of that.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
Just ask for a free upgrade to an outside cabin ... :winky:

sandrae

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Glastonbury
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Long time
A quick Google has shown up complaints from a couple of other people about this, so I rang DFDS and asked. The woman I spoke to there said that if I hadn't had an e-mail by now it was unlikely that our cabin would be cancelled and and that it really only affected sailings in the next couple of weeks. I hope she was telling the truth.

When is your sailing Judo Chop?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back