westy77

Free Member
Feb 17, 2014
Essex
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Hi, we have a 2005 Fiat Ducato based Adria. This weekend was our first proper outing in it which went well, apart from running out of gas (we were "wild" camping at Santa Pod) early hours Sunday morn. The biggy though was the exhaust broke off at the join between the middle straight(ish) pipe and the end silencer pipe. When I looked online this pipe can be bought with or without a Cat, ours doesn't have one in that pipe, but must have one somewhere? I can't see it if it has!

Van is new to us and still under the short warranty so hoping to get it sorted, just trying to find out what we should be getting as we need the part sending to us to be fitted here as we are a long way from the dealer. Other thing is Adria put LHD motorhome bit on RHD chassis so the exhaust exits the opposite side to all other 2002-07 Ducato m/homes that we have seen. So not sure if exhaust is the same as RHD and flipped or different?

Anyone know about these? :Smile:

OP
OP
westy77

westy77

Free Member
Feb 17, 2014
Essex
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Ok thanks, could well be. I looked in under the bonnet but its hard to see.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
look underneath behind the front wheel. the cat is a section of the pipe that bulges out just after the exhaust manifold. problem is they are easy to get at by thieves

look at the pictures of the cat pipe for your van here and compare to whats there. should be easy to spot behind the front wheel. looks like a small silencer but at the front end of the pipe
http://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/fiat-ducato-catalytic-converter

OP
OP
westy77

westy77

Free Member
Feb 17, 2014
Essex
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
look underneath behind the front wheel. the cat is a section of the pipe that bulges out just after the exhaust manifold. problem is they are easy to get at by thieves

look at the pictures of the cat pipe for your van here and compare to whats there. should be easy to spot behind the front wheel. looks like a small silencer but at the front end of the pipe
http://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/fiat-ducato-catalytic-converter

This is where I'm getting confused a when I look under the van behind the wheel it is just a straight ish pipe with no Cat in it. All I can see is a near verticle pipe coming from the engine to a joint, then the just mentioned straight ish pipe (the one that needs replacing), then the final piece that has two boxes, the first smaller than the last which is the silencer.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Broken Link Removed

is this the intermediate pipe?

or is it actually the cat
Broken Link Removed

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
I would have thought it should have a cat at that year, maybe the previous owner had the cat stolen and put a non cat pipe on?
With regard to the pipe exiting on the left side, so does mine, on a RHD.

Sep 25, 2009
south yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2004. Tugger 10 years on and off
Mines a 54 plate. NO CAT:Smile:

OP
OP
westy77

westy77

Free Member
Feb 17, 2014
Essex
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Broken Link Removed

is this the intermediate pipe?

or is it actually the cat
Broken Link Removed

It looks like the first link, just a straight ish pipe with no boxes.

Cheers everyone for the replies :Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back