Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
Hi all
Just a quick ditty to let you know that the awning bracket that took out half a French village was ordered from Linda at Stateside Tuning when we got back from our holidays and it arrived yesterday.
I undid the twisted bolts and fitted the new bracket with new bolts and plenty of sealant..... Tested the awning and all is well again....::bigsmile:::bigsmile:
Thanks Linda for the swift delivery ::bigsmile:

Keith

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Glad you are all up and running again Keith ::bigsmile:
You must have been getting withdrawal symptoms not having the use of your awning for so long :eek: :roflmto:

It might be worth adding that you didn't have to order 50 grands worth of stuff to get it either :roflmto: :roflmto: :roflmto:

R

RockieRV

Deleted User
I missed our awning dreadfully!! No outside room extension to the van (no shade, no rain cover)........ glad it is sorted now, and ready to give it a test this weekend!!::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
It might be worth adding that you didn't have to order 50 grands worth of stuff to get it either :roflmto: :roflmto: :roflmto:

:whatthe: Now, now Linda. Calm down. Geo and I are not in competition with you. So no disparaging our attempts to build a better world of commerce. :roflmto:

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Just 1/2 a ton of it::bigsmile:

Keith and several dozen other customers too, not to mention all the VW shop parts and 6 five litre boxes of White Zinfandel at 8 bucks a box :winky: :winky:

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
I Like your

Insert Moulding Trim

Fits around the top & sides of your RV, simple to replace fits into the 3/4" groove to provide a necessary water seal to the fixing screws and gives a new look to your vehicle. Sold in 100ft roll.
31-1611 White £15.50
31-1609 Black £15.50
31-1612 Colonial white £15.50
31-1990 Beige £15.50

Looks the business.

Got anything slightly narrower for access doors? :Cool:

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
How narrow?

And BTW.....aren't we supposed to be talking about Keith's awning? :eek: :roflmto:

Aug 14, 2007
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta K-Yacht 80
Exp
Since 2005
Hi Jim,

As mentioned previously to you, it took four of us to replace mine and it's a lot smaller than your one! Six would be the number of helpers I would certainly recommend, then there will the the other 4 who will be giving constant supplies of beer/wine/whisky/champagne and of course a few crisps!

I take it you will be getting it sorted at the big meet?

Regards

Chris

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
An Expert fitter Yes
A Grand Master at removing them::bigsmile:
Geo

Tony Santara

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Cheshire (ex Mancunian)
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 1994
It might be worth adding that you didn't have to order 50 grands worth of stuff to get it either :roflmto: :roflmto: :roflmto:[/QUOTE]

ooh Touche Linda Touche
Laughing::roflmto::roflmto:

lugnutt

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 9, 2007
wednesbury.westmidlands
Funster No
MH
autotrail apache
Exp
10 years
hi keith...was it the chicanes in them french towns i had trouble with then to .bring back the good old speed bumps,and as for the zebra crossings why do they have tree per lampost?
dave

OP
OP
TestPoster
Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
It was indeed Dave, I have done a little write up of our holiday, including the awning debacle if you are interested..... I felt that I should really leave my mark on France though :ROFLMAO:
Jim, I will look forward to helping you with the replacement cover mate. Although I have fitted a complete new awning, in a field, (as many of you will know), I have never just replaced the cover, but hey.... How tough can it be (and I know I will be quoted on that :roflmto:), should be a doddle, only difficult part will be retensioning the roller when we are done.
That reminds me Jim, is there any or the old cover left or was it all removed? Reason for asking is that if it has gone then we will have to retension from scatch.......

Keith

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
That reminds me Jim, is there any or the old cover left or was it all removed? Reason for asking is that if it has gone then we will have to retension from scatch.......

Keith

I have the "How to" on PDF.........let me know if its needed.....I put a "cotter pin" in the bag of bits just in case :winky:

OP
OP
TestPoster
Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
Hi Linda
Maybe you could send the pdf to Scotjimland so that he has it ready for us......
Great thinking with the cotter pin, saves me knackering another screwdriver :ROFLMAO:

keith

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hi Linda
Maybe you could send the pdf to Scotjimland so that he has it ready for us......
Great thinking with the cotter pin, saves me knackering another screwdriver :ROFLMAO:

keith

Hi Keith
Linda kindly sent it along with the bill ... :ROFLMAO:

Looking forward to seeing you all, thanks for offering to help fitting .. ::bigsmile:

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Couldn't remember if I had or not :Doh: A sure sign that my mind is going :Wacko:

Maybe I shall send it to Keith anyway.....he can "swot up" before he gets there :winky: :roflmto:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back