Free Member
Oct 3, 2007
norfolk
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
about 8
Does anyone know of any cure for the "bunching up" of the concertina type window blinds. The dealer says there is nothing can be done at all. I cant believe that this is a problem affecting all vans with these types of blind. Any ideas?

Cheers
Martin

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Mine bunches up if I try to do it too quickly. If it does I go back a bit and give it a little wiggle which sorts it out.

JAY KAY

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Shotgate, Essex
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
15+
Does anyone know of any cure for the "bunching up" of the concertina type window blinds. The dealer says there is nothing can be done at all. I cant believe that this is a problem affecting all vans with these types of blind. Any ideas?

Cheers
Martin

Hi Martin,
This is a problem with pleated blinds and can be cured in a domestic window situation by the addition of a support cord but that means drilling through the fabric and fabric supports but if this action is tried for motorhome applications you are left with a series of 3mm holes in the fabric which tend to be minature searchlights first thing in the morning.
The bunching you describe is the fabric losing it's memory which was hot pressed in during manufacture, to help overcome this problem keep the blinds pulled back tight at every opportunity especially during overwinter when the blinds are not used a lot.

Hope that helps.
John D.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan Pendreigh

Free Member
Feb 23, 2008
Funster No
Hi

Do what I did and remove the blinds and put curtains up instead. A bit fiddly to do but so much cosier and more homely once done, and the curtains come down to wash which is so much easier than trying to clean blinds.

Jan

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back