Free Member
Apr 21, 2013
Bury
Funster No
MH
Motorhome
Exp
Since 2001
I've just spent the weekend at lytham st. Anne's at the new Aire the council have provided especially for motor homes it cost £5.00 6pm to 10am the following day or £8.00 10am for 24 hours,
There are no facilities although behind the car park there are swimming baths and plenty of cafés and pubs
It's a great location next to the beach, while I was there about 10 other vans was parked there which made it feal a safe location

:Smile:

OP
OP
Denbo

Denbo

Free Member
Apr 21, 2013
Bury
Funster No
MH
Motorhome
Exp
Since 2001
Sorry I don't but it is easy to find it is behind the cinema in the town centre on the coast road:Smile:

If you google Aire in Lytham st Anne's you will find all the info you need

Good luck:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
We went last year for the Blackpool illuminations.
Stayed overnight and then moved up into Blackpool and used the Bank st car park where Motorhomes are allowed...

I think it's proved a point that if they offer a facilty then people will visit.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
We went last year for the Blackpool illuminations.
Stayed overnight and then moved up into Blackpool and used the Bank st car park where Motorhomes are allowed...

I think it's proved a point that if they offer a facilty then people will visit.

I recently contacted BPool council regarding overnight parking and was told there is none for MHs. Luckily for us we contacted a pub who have kindly agreed to let us park there for next weekend:Smile:

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I recently contacted BPool council regarding overnight parking and was told there is none for MHs. Luckily for us we contacted a pub who have kindly agreed to let us park there for next weekend:Smile:

Sorry.. No it was not overnight just daytime...
I looked at parking along the sea front BUT if you read the restrictions I remember we werenot allowed and did not want to risk a ticket..

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
We stayed at the aire in St Annes last year and enjoyed it, thought we would try and support the aire a little but since we are only there a few days for easter this year we would prefer to be in BPool partly due to bus times, leaving dog alone in MH etc.

Rocles

Free Member
Oct 10, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
A Pub called The Shovels, on Common Edge Rd (just off Squires Gate Lane) allows overnighting, big car park, easy access by bus to Blackpool or Lytham. Also has Stewart Longtons next door for MH spares.

Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since June 2008
A Pub called The Shovels, on Common Edge Rd (just off Squires Gate Lane) allows overnighting, big car park, easy access by bus to Blackpool or Lytham. Also has Stewart Longtons next door for MH spares.

We eat (and drink) at the Shovels whenever we stay at the nearby CL, never realised that it allowed overnight parking.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We eat (and drink) at the Shovels whenever we stay at the nearby CL, never realised that it allowed overnight parking.

We walked up to The Shovels for a drink when staying at a C&CC THS at the cricket club last year. I didn't think the car park was that big so presumably any overnighting is ad hoc.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back