Free Member
Apr 8, 2014
england
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
we are newbies
Hi, we are new to M/home world. But is it possible anywhere in UK to wild camp on a beach. Or is there a camp site on or near the beach that you would recommend. Thanks.:Smile:

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Hi, we are new to M/home world. But is it possible anywhere in UK to wild camp on a beach. Or is there a camp site on or near the beach that you would recommend. Thanks.:Smile:

Yup :Smile: Most beaches in the Outer Hebrides ::bigsmile: Cold and windy but beautiful :Smile:

Sep 16, 2013
Horncastle, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2006
Not really wild camping but we stay in Praa Sands beech car park quite often.

It's right next to the beech, has public toilets and costs £8 for 24hrs (motorhomes are allowed). It also has a great pub (again right next to the beech) that does nice food and the beech is about a mile long. Great if you want simple and we often just a have a night here.

At the other end of the spectrum we have Pentewan Sands just up the road from us. A big site right next to the beech with great facilities. The downside here for us is they don't allow dogs. Plus it's not the cheapest site - but worth the cost if you want the facilities and great if you have children.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Not a beach but motorhomes are often parked up overnight along Dartmouth front, in the area between the Station Café and the upper ferry. Many of them non-UK, i.e. French, who seem more switched on to doing this.

dippingatoe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jul 23, 2013
UK
Funster No
MH
Thor Damon Daybreak 27P
Exp
jan 2014

Loads up here in Shetland, all beautiful - I have stayed right on the beach at Norwich in Unst and overlooking the beach at St Ninians, plus almost everywhere you stay has a seaview and beach within sight and easy walk.

I am currently in carpark right in Lerwick, No other occupants - seaview on 3 sides and short walk to sea.

Was going to add piccies but there are so many its easier to take a look at my journal. Orkney was good too and will be going to West Highlands and Islands shortly where I hope for similar luck. Nothing (so far) can beat waking up in the morning and drawing back the blinds to a full view of the sea. :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

stecar

Free Member
Apr 8, 2014
england
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
we are newbies
Thanks

Thanks very much to you all. Some great locations. Looking forward to checking them out. much appreciated.:thumb:

Oct 24, 2013
Nantwich. Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
Exp
6yrs ish!
Hi. Just ordered motorhome stopovers recommended by niterider. Very similar to the french passion stopovers. It has pubs. Farms. Etc Etc. some fantastic sites. Well worth looking at. There all free (ideal) :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back