Anyone purchased a Europasim from Germany for a Huawei device?? (1 Viewer)

Jul 2, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki Tag, 2007.
Exp
Going to France/Spain at the end of the month. Purchased from Germany on the advice of Motorhomewifi as they do not have any for sale at the moment.

I already have the Huawei E5776 with a 3 sim card in it that I need to use up till we leave the country. Needless to say I can`t find the instructions for it and there is nothing in the support section of the Huawei site.

I emailed europasim.com my passport but have not had anything back.

The email I had on purchase says to go to ..... [FONT=Calibri,sans-serif][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]www.europasim.com/apn-configuration[/FONT][/FONT]

I have downloaded Mobile Partner, but not sure what you do next. Does anyone know if there is a `Idiot` guide somewhere?

Also, can I set up the europasim now and then put the 3 sim back in until we leave the country, or can you only have one set up at a time?

Thanks

Last edited:
M

Madwife

Deleted User
Yes, I bought one and it came very quickly plus an email with the instructions for topping it up etc- I had sent them a copy of my id when I purchased it.

There is a thread on here somewhere that advises on how to unlock the Mifi if you haven't already done it plus the next steps. This along with the instructions from Europasim should get you up and running - ours is working fine and using it at present as on an Aire in France.

Kath

Traveller_HA5_3DOM

Free Member
Jul 13, 2012
Following the Sun
Funster No
MH
Hobby Premium 65GE
Exp
since 1985
I am guessing that this post has something to do with mobile devices and european reception.
Can someone fill in the gaps for those of us who are in a catch up situation on these devices please?

OP
OP
Encantador
Jul 2, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Exp
Thanks for the replies.

I asked europmobile if they had received my id email and they replied....

"we have checked and your card's registration process has been already initialized.
You will soon receive your new EuropaSIM phone number."

This is the first time a phone number has been mentioned, so I am assuming I need to wait for that before I do anything.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Seems as if no one knows much about this , I asked some questions about this yesterday in another thread but got no answers, it is here if anyone can help
Broken Link Removed
Thanks

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Addie

Trader - Motorhome Wifi
Oct 15, 2011
York
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
If you want to drop me an e-mail to sales[at]motorhomewifi.com I will send you our EuropaSIM documentation, after all its not your fault we're out of stock of EuropaSIM (although EuropaSIM themselves are sold out now too!).

We do also have a guide for the E5776 but if you purchased one previously locked to EE one you will have EE's branded firmware on it and so it will look different to ours - so you would be best following Minx's excellent guide.

Apr 22, 2013
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 625
Exp
Since 2011
I bought a sim from Germany it took a couple of weeks to arrive, I then sent off a copy of my passport and two days later I received an email with my reference number. I was then able to load the sim with some cash.

I'm now having a chill-out day a Chateaudun after crossing late Monday evening. Part of the chilling-out jobs was to get the Mifi reconfigured from my 3sim.

It involved set up a new profile, I set a manual one, the only two bits of info I had to enter was the profile name (can be anything) and the apn (Access Point Name) this should be mobile.vodafone.it

You get to profile stuff in the dail-up settings.
I'm posting using my Europa Sim.::bigsmile:

Good luck
Gordon

Dergrowler

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 7, 2013
Banbury, Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
A Class, Hymer B578
Exp
Since 2013
Europasim card for Huawei

Hi I also just resently brought a Europasim card on Adams advice as he had sold out.

I did all the usual ,sent Id etc. had to chase up for the number but using the Europa web site had a very quick reply form them.

Still had a slight problem with setting up the profile another email later from Europa and it was sorted. mobile.vodafone.it.

I am using an unlocked Huawei E5332 and it is working fine

Good luck

David :thumb:

OP
OP
Encantador
Jul 2, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Exp
OK, I think I have it working, screen on Huawei now says Voda UK instead of Three, so something has changed.

Thanks Adam (motorhomewifi). I went to the Italian Vodafone site as per your instructions but couldn`t get it to work.

Has anyone else used this way of topping up?

Looks quite straightforward, choose amount, enter tel no (I assume minus the +39, but tried it both ways anyway), click Paypal and to accept terms and conditions, then click the button but nothing happens. I wasn`t using the Europa sim to access the page, could that be the problem?

Thanls

Steve

Dergrowler

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 7, 2013
Banbury, Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
A Class, Hymer B578
Exp
Since 2013
Europasim card for Huawei

Hi Steve

I topped my card up on the Europa site, yes its just the number with out the +39.

Used Paypal to pay, no problem and that was on my laptop.

Regards

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
i have found the problem with mine maybe the fact the phone number for it is not in the settings anywhere i was sent a number but that could have been for another card they sent me any ideas ppl

OP
OP
Encantador
Jul 2, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Exp
Hi Steve

I topped my card up on the Europa site, yes its just the number with out the +39.

Used Paypal to pay, no problem and that was on my laptop.

Regards

Thanks Dave, I was being a cheapskate and trying to avoid the £3 charge.

Steve

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
ok got the sim working i needed to charge the sim although it had 5e on it ? but i didnt realise it was on a apn which is not the 3e 1 so this day has cost me 6e lol still at least it works the main test will be when we take our trip in may june to austria and italy watch this thread for a report :Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back