uk tv channels for free in europe (1 Viewer)

geo glasgow

Free Member
Feb 2, 2014
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail cheyenne
Exp
if you can get internet on site or from third party like mcdonalds or a dondgle here is a site that will sort u out southers europe without a dish for your uk tv..
https://www.filmon.com/

Millibobs

Free Member
Oct 27, 2013
Sax Alicante area Spain
Funster No
MH
Overcab
Exp
Since 2004
if you can get internet on site or from third party like mcdonalds or a dondgle here is a site that will sort u out southers europe without a dish for your uk tv..

Hola Geo just been using filmon app on my iPad at Marjal camping at Crevillente and as long as your prepared to redo every five or ten mins it's great.
This site has quite a fast wifi so think if wifi not great then it could be worse.
My sister in law who is travelling around Greece in her bus told me about it few days ago.
Well done for posting this because I forgot to do.
Cheers
David (Millibobs)::bigsmile:

Addie

Trader - Motorhome Wifi
Oct 15, 2011
York
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Broadband Haggers...
JJ :Cool:

This is a genuine problem facing sites in Spain and so for that reason we don't advise the purchase of WiFi booster solely for the provision of TV via the internet.

The fact of the matter is watching video content is very data intensive - you're using the same amount of internet as many as 20 people browsing the web and so there has to be a fair way of regulating the use for everyone. I doubt campsites will employ any traffic shaping, so daily usage caps are likely to be the easiest option.

I expect that we will start to see 'fair usage policies' in Spain of maybe 500Mb/day in order to ensure everyone gets the same level of service. Filmon is so compressed that you'd still get 1-2 hours of video content (so enough for Corrie if that's your poison! :RollEyes:) using that method.

OP
OP
geo glasgow

geo glasgow

Free Member
Feb 2, 2014
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail cheyenne
Exp
the answer is

if u have an iphone with unlimited dat then set that as your router that being any wifi device n be used from that and thus show corination street and much more from anywhere in the world, cool.
however make sure you are set up for the roming in that country so your bill dosnt hit you with hundreds of po:thumb:unds,

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Will this not be very expensive if I want to use a dongle?

Alan

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
geo glasgow

geo glasgow

Free Member
Feb 2, 2014
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail cheyenne
Exp
ps i dont watch corrie just an example

:winky::winky:
however trying to set up a 3g roof dome antenna with unlocked 3g router with data card that works in dongle but as soon as i put in router and set up.. No internet connections?? any ideas... than:thumb:ks

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Fulltiming since February 2013
tvcatchup is another internet tv website if you have a vpn, along with iplayers etc :Smile:

Last edited:

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Fulltiming since February 2013
sorry if i mislead anyone, filmon doesn't need a vpn.

they are handy to have though for security and tv...well until they informed us of the bleeding heart virus, which has only been able to access certain vpns and the vast majority of the internet and its users for two years :ROFLMAO:

not sure why i'm laughing...

Last edited:

Addie

Trader - Motorhome Wifi
Oct 15, 2011
York
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
There isn't such thing as unlimited data when it comes to roaming (yet) :(

Three have its £5/day roaming does not include tethering and its meaning of 'Unlimited' is in fact 25Gb month for use on your handset only. This applies even of a Three 'feel like home' country.

Euro Internet Pass T&C's

Unlimited Data T&C's

:winky::winky:
however trying to set up a 3g roof dome antenna with unlocked 3g router with data card that works in dongle but as soon as i put in router and set up.. No internet connections?? any ideas... than:thumb:ks

Sounds like you need to manually configure the APN settings from the SIM card in the web interface of the 3G router.

www.apnchanger.org

OP
OP
geo glasgow

geo glasgow

Free Member
Feb 2, 2014
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail cheyenne
Exp
If i send you sim card and router could you

Appreciated
there isn't such thing as unlimited data when it comes to roaming (yet) :(

three have its £5/day roaming does not include tethering and its meaning of 'unlimited' is in fact 25gb month for use on your handset only. This applies even of a three 'feel like home' country.

euro internet pass t&c's

unlimited data t&c's

i would appreciate it and also pay you for your time thanks,,:thumb::biggrin: Its for the uk but so the laptop and a couple of other items can be used not all at the same time,
im using ethernet connections onkly wirless isnt important, anyhelp welcomed. :thumb:

Sounds like you need to manually configure the apn settings from the sim card in the web interface of the 3g router.

www.apnchanger.org

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hola Geo just been using filmon app on my iPad at Marjal camping at Crevillente and as long as your prepared to redo every five or ten mins it's great.
This site has quite a fast wifi so think if wifi not great then it could be worse.
My sister in law who is travelling around Greece in her bus told me about it few days ago.
Well done for posting this because I forgot to do.
Cheers
David (Millibobs)::bigsmile:
We were at Marjal earlier this year we used the tv plug in on site only bbc1 &2 itv 1&2 &channel 5 but more than enough tv Pete:thumb: :thumb:

mariner

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2013
Isle of Dogs, but mostly Artola Spain.
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Since 2007. But no more.
Been without BBC, ITV etc since it all went off, so started by looking around for another way of getting these channels.

Eventualy I asked myself, do I really want to pay good money to watch the 75% rubbish these channels broadcast each day?

The answer was an enfatic no!

Don't miss them and probably won't watch them when I head back UK side, for a couple of months in the summer.

Except of course for a few World Cup matches, if I have nothing better to do.

:Cool:

alanalmoff

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
March
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2001
Sat tv

I don't know to much about dongles or dangles, 4g,etc, but last year in South Spain, Portugal, I was getting more than 3000 channels from god knows what satellites, via my 85cm dish, among these were a couple of English news channels, are there any satellites that are broadcasting English Channels ??????

mariner

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2013
Isle of Dogs, but mostly Artola Spain.
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Since 2007. But no more.
I don't know to much about dongles or dangles, 4g,etc, but last year in South Spain, Portugal, I was getting more than 3000 channels from god knows what satellites, via my 85cm dish, among these were a couple of English news channels, are there any satellites that are broadcasting English Channels ??????
Eutelsat and Astra at 28.2 approx. still broadcast loads of English channels.

:Cool:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back