Chelsea Tractors with under bonnet vision (1 Viewer)

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
It will save em getting out if they sqish a kid outside the school if it one of theirs or not:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Is it any wonder the once mighty Land rover has been dumped in favour of its Japanese competitors by nearly every foreign government agency, charity, game reserve, terrorist group, armed force, etc.? The Land cruiser reigns supreme in Africa and the rest of the developing world!
Even our own Forces dumped the 110 in favour of an Austrian product!:Eeek:

Land Rover lost the plot years ago!

Land Rover don't make proper reliable off-roaders anymore. They gave up on that for the 'city to weekend holiday cottage' and 'school run' transport market!:ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Is it any wonder the once mighty Land rover has been dumped in favour of its Japanese competitors by nearly every foreign government agency, charity, game reserve, terrorist group, armed force, etc.? The Land cruiser reigns supreme in Africa and the rest of the developing world!
Even our own Forces dumped the 110 in favour of an Austrian product!:Eeek:

Land Rover lost the plot years ago!

Land Rover don't make proper reliable off-roaders anymore. They gave up on that for the 'city to weekend holiday cottage' and 'school run' transport market!:ROFLMAO:

Almost agree, Land Rovers are still incredibly capable off road, trouble is, its their image that puts people off buying them ( or if in Essex, its the other way round)

I still lust after owning a swb series 2

Allan

Sep 3, 2013
Crowthorne, Berkshire
Funster No
MH
1992 RMB Silver Star 670
Exp
One year. A whole one!
I'm quite a big LR fan. I own a '73 S3, a '94 110 and a modern Range Rover.

The bonnet thing is a neat idea (been there on steep ascents many times with no view other than sky...) but LR accept that many of these things don't get properly used until the second or third owners.

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
4X4

I asked a friend of mine do you ever take your Range Rover off road and his reply was yes I take my wife to the super market every week:Doh:

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I live a bit out on the sticks and we don't have a 4x4 as I recon that if conditions are so bad that if we need one to get to the office in poor conditions then we shouldn't be out on the road anyway.

Apr 20, 2012
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Camper van
Exp
1year 10 times
Got a 1967 series land rover had latest discovery notice (had) now run a nissan for every day but can see the attraction of the shiny ones

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007

No they make profits !

I was mighty pleased to see, from Calais to Agadir thousands of Land Rovers. They are giving this country a big boost. The Evoke is particularly successful all over. They have caught the imagination of those who spend.

Keep it up Land Rover.

Jaguar on the other hand, hen's teeth.

Mar 29, 2011
Rugby UK
Funster No
MH
C Class RS
Exp
As soon as Land Rover announced the end of Defender production due to EU/UK regs orders tripled for the last production run, I understand they will continue to be made overseas for the existing export markets, no doubt cheaper to produce as well !!, My mate had a new 2013 disco and I went on a LR experience day with him and we used a 2014 model, awesome its go so many computer type features its like a plane, I said to the LR guy about the cost of any breakdowns in electronics and his answer was, take the extended warrenty and just before it expires sell it :ROFLMAO:

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
A firm has a duty to make as much money as it can for the shareholders

Legally, a corporation is owned by its shareholders and controlled by directors.
In running the company, directors are bound by common law ‘fiduciary duties [duties of faith]’, the most important of which is to ‘act in good faith (bona fide) in the best interests of the company as a whole’.
This duty has generally been interpreted by the courts to mean acting in the interests of the shareholders; in turn, these interests are assumed to be maximising profits in order to pay dividends.
In the shorter term a company may aim at, for example, increasing market share or developing new products in the anticipation that this will eventually lead to greater profits.

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
A British company doing well, why would wouldn't we be proud of that ?

Oh I forgot, because we're British:roflmto:

Come on guys be proud of success, it isn't that painful:winky:

More vision around/under the car, how is that bad :Doh: I take it reverse cameras on our motorhomes are also bad then…..

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
A British company doing well, why would wouldn't we be proud of that ?

Oh I forgot, because we're British:roflmto:

Come on guys be proud of success, it isn't that painful:winky:

More vision around/under the car, how is that bad :Doh: I take it reverse cameras on our motorhomes are also bad then…..

British company?:winky:

Fireman Sam

Free Member
Sep 8, 2012
Bushey
Funster No
MH
Class C
Exp
Only since 2012, but I towed for many years
I had a Discovery years ago. I often took it off road. It was awesome. I still miss it, but SHMBO didn’t like it.

In answer to your question....Mouse

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back