Suggestions for 2 night stop near a beach. (1 Viewer)

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Any suggestions for 2 night stop near to beach, I'm looking for the nearest beach to Banbury at the end of April.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Any suggestions for 2 night stop near to beach, I'm looking for the nearest beach to Banbury at the end of April.
Is that the Banbury near Oxford:Smile:
I would say Suffolk. Two nice camps on the beach at Sizewell or a nice site at Aldeburgh.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
According to the map Weston Super Mare is the closest by distance, but I agree with Buttons Aldeburgh site is nice but the beach is pebbles , if you would like a sandy beach nearby Southwold has a sandy beach and a site at the harbour end right by the beach.

Inthezone

Free Member
Feb 14, 2014
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Beach

You didnt say if you wanted to be on a site or wild camp (not free camp) if you want to be right on the beach then hayling island west beach allows overnighting max stay 72 hrs but you will need to pay charges, but its actually on the beach

its a nice place to stay

Soozywoozy

Free Member
Feb 18, 2014
Oxfordshire - edge of the cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 704SL
Exp
2014, 2 motorhomes
bit worried here about geography.
i live between Banbury and Oxford and we couldn't be further from the coast in any direction if we tried!
Weston super mare is accessible because of good motorway links m40/m5 and is about 2 1/2 hours, South Devon coast 3 1/2 hours, south coast Portsmouth/Bournemouth depending which way you turn off after Winchester 2 1/2 hours straight down A34, Norfolk coast 3 1/2 hours all cross country

OP
OP
Manic
Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Yes ,Banbury Oxfordshire . As soozywoozy says I think South would be easiest.
Don't mind CL/pub or any other suggestions.
Cheers

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
We live north of Banbury and when the children were little, our 'nearest beach' was Bournemouth. East coast is OK but it takes longer to cut across country than to head down the A34 via Newbury and on via Winchester.

Weston-Super-Mare is fairly accessible once you reach the M5 south. Not one of my favourite places though! The beaches in west Wales are excellent - the area around Towyn and Dolgellau, but it's a bit of a hike via Shrewsbury.

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Weston & Sizewell are both a bit too close to nuclear power stations for me! Burnham-On-Sea just around the coast from Weston & directly opposite Hinkley Point has double the incidence of cancer than elsewhere & too many people I know who have lived on or near the sea front have been victims. Would go a bit further to Devon/Cornwall or across to Wales for much better (safer?) beaches. I know a lot of people will say just living is risky anyway but I don't believe in inviting trouble...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back