LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Hi does anyone have Autoroute on their computer, and is it worth buying?

We have Tom Tom but find it very restrictive, especially in France and Spain where you cant mix Toll Roads and N roads on a long journey and we end up spending a fortune on Tolls.

Is Autoroute the answer or do I just have to put up with a map on my knee!!

I understand Autoroute has points of interest and a GPS locator etc.

Ginny

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
Hi does anyone have Autoroute on their computer, and is it worth buying?

We have Tom Tom but find it very restrictive, especially in France and Spain where you cant mix Toll Roads and N roads on a long journey and we end up spending a fortune on Tolls.

Is Autoroute the answer or do I just have to put up with a map on my knee!!

I understand Autoroute has points of interest and a GPS locator etc.

Ginny

:Cool: Hi there. We have Autoroute. But we usually use a cheapo map and plan a written route in advance. It's worked well for the last 13 years all over Europe and the USA. :winky:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Hi Ginny, yes its far better for planning than Tom Tom you can zoom in and out to check roads etc and push pin your route from start to finish avoiding anything you don't fancy I prefer 2006 to the 2007 version, purely personal taste
Get JSW to send you his disc he's clearly not using it:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Geo

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Thepips

Trade Member
Sep 26, 2007
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Vested interest alert! Although we're running the business down we do still sell Navigator.
It's a full blown satellite navigation system that runs on Windows XP and Vista. You can import POIs just like Autoroute. Zoom in and out to plan your journey. Set it to avoid toll roads, chargeable roads, congestion zones minor roads or motorways.
It pops up the motorway sign to look for, which lane to be in and what the next junction is. It has 3D images of major POIs. Europe mapping is extensive, full coverage throughout western Europe and goes right the way out as far as Turkey!
And all of that for £69.95 for the software and £109.95 for a bundle of software and GPS receiver.
Finally, we offer a 10% discount to MHFun members.

Regards
Doug

Gonewiththewind

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
Exp
July 2007
I use "Navigon", and I set it for Motorways but Excluding Toll roads, worked well all the way to Callela and back, didnt pay a penny in tolls.:thumb:

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
Which TomTom model are you using?
I bought a 700 (now an 'old' model) off eBay for £90 and you can mix toll and N roads on that. All depends on how you set or plan your route. It will warn you there are toll roads and ask if you want to continue. You can avoid them totally, or do just part of your journey on toll, part on non-toll roads. SatNavs will only do what you tell them to....and sometimes not all are correct either!

Last edited:

superk

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Devon
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion now sold
Exp
8 years
Vested interest alert! Although we're running the business down we do still sell Navigator.
It's a full blown satellite navigation system that runs on Windows XP and Vista. You can import POIs just like Autoroute. Zoom in and out to plan your journey. Set it to avoid toll roads, chargeable roads, congestion zones minor roads or motorways.
It pops up the motorway sign to look for, which lane to be in and what the next junction is. It has 3D images of major POIs. Europe mapping is extensive, full coverage throughout western Europe and goes right the way out as far as Turkey!
And all of that for £69.95 for the software and £109.95 for a bundle of software and GPS receiver.
Finally, we offer a 10% discount to MHFun members.

Regards
Doug

I have Navigator 7 and I have yet to discover how to import POIs and can find nothing in the instructions. I don't find it easy to use but that may just be me.

:Smile:
Keith

OP
OP
Teasy2007

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
I use "Navigon", and I set it for Motorways but Excluding Toll roads, worked well all the way to Callela and back, didnt pay a penny in tolls.:thumb:

That's what we wanted, but Tom Tom only allows you to choose roads with tolls or not tolls. The only way is to split the journey up into 'bits' which means sorting it out on maps then using Tom Tom to jump between the destinations. I must admit, I love Tom Tom in the UK, but dont really like it in Europe as I can't make it do what I want it to, if anyone knows the answer I would appreciate the advice.

Ginny

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back