Free Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Started 2007
Laetitia Gullett posted on Facebook Friday 4th April. Ford Thames campervan stolen 20th March from Whitstable Kent. Reward for safe return. Please share.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
We used to have the van version of these at the building firm I started work at, the engine was between the front seats and were diesel which was pretty new at the time , anyway they would never start in a morning , so we had to get the lid up and hold a burning rag over the air intake to get them going, all good fun but what would h&s think about that now.::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
My father had a petrol version which had the Consul engine and a column change.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
My (then) fiancé and his dad used to own a Thames 15cwt van - petrol, with a column change, lovely sitting on the engine in the winter! (mini skirts and before tights!)

662 FOX, coffee and cream !

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
My first thought was why would the owner want it back? But that would unkind as it must be loved by the owner. Still, what would the thief do with it?

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Jeezzzz
The thief must either be as thick as two short ones or it was stolen to order.

Why thick ? How many of those are left in the WORLD let alone in the UK... Absolutely impossible to sell.. Even the parts coming up for sale would ring massive alarm bells

And yes, like many others I had one as well.. Loved ( !!!!!!!! :Eeek: ) the way the wipers stopped as you accelerated and lost vcauum !

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Still it came in useful from time to time, esp the time we were taking mum's Z-bed to my sister's house halfway along Clee Hill, since they had friends coming to stay and the propshaft fell off just before we got to Cleobury Mortimer!

Walked into CM to the phonebox to ring sis, (fortunately fiancé knew how to use a 'Press button A/B' phone, cos I didn't) so 3 of us in BiL's British Racing Green Sprite with the Z-bed bungied to the boot rack completed the journey, fiancé and I slept in the ruddy thing and the 3 of us travelled back to West Bromwich in it again again the following morning - sis had to ring in sick.

Sodding thing, I hated it !

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Unless there is more to the story, it could have been spur of the moment get me home vehicle. I had an older vehicle stolen some time ago. The Police said they would hunt high and low for it and have fleets of helicopters searching... We went out and drove around the area and found it about four miles away. Door lock and ignition broken, otherwise abandoned with the door open. As it happened the car was left exactly on the border between two police forces but I think that was pure chance.

Alan

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Still it came in useful from time to time, esp the time we were taking mum's Z-bed to my sister's house halfway along Clee Hill, since they had friends coming to stay and the propshaft fell off just before we got to Cleobury Mortimer!

Walked into CM to the phonebox to ring sis, (fortunately fiancé knew how to use a 'Press button A/B' phone, cos I didn't) so 3 of us in BiL's British Racing Green Sprite with the Z-bed bungied to the boot rack completed the journey, fiancé and I slept in the ruddy thing and the 3 of us travelled back to West Bromwich in it again again the following morning - sis had to ring in sick.

Sodding thing, I hated it !

Them were the days::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

OP
OP
Ed Excel

Ed Excel

Free Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Started 2007
Sorry don't know any more about the theft or vehicle. The 'share' request was by a friend of a friend.

When I worked in Manches toh I had three cars stolen. First had an additional 2500mls on the clock (holiday transport). Second was found abandoned, by the police, at Didsbury rail station, with a full basket of groceries, thanks very much, and a bent front wheel. The last travelled about a 50 yards. I like to think they'd been pushing it. What a fantastic alarm/immobiliser that car had!

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
I used to lived next door to this madman that used to go hunting with a home made crossbow, the bow part was made using the top leaf from a Bedford J O rear spring, his "arrows" were made from 10mm deformed concrete reinforcing steel, he'd sit for days up a tree waiting for a red deer or a wild pig to come wandering by.

Some oiks tried to steal his BMW2002(?) one night, he up and ran out onto his balcony and let fly with this thing, gave them one hell of a fright. Not only did the bolt pierce the wing but it went thro his petrol tank too:ROFLMAO:

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
How awful, the van used to live only a few hundred yards from us, and it was a lovely van too.
My best friends parents had one with a red and white pop top, another friend had one and put a Rover 3.5 V8 in the back. It went like stink, but was incredibly noisy, didn't stop very well, or go round corners either.
Great fun going straight (ish) though.

Allan

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
I had on of them with a Zephyr six engine and box, dif and 13 inch wheels.
It went like sh*t off a shovel but It wouldn`t stop.:Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
not a easy veh to drive no power sterring and usless brakes.but like the rest of us we keep a lookout for it.hope you get it back in good condition.:thumb::thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back