Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Would it be possible for someone to take a picture of the pages in their ducato handbook covering fuses... I only have a French handbook.. and my French is pretty poor.
In my book it's pages 178-184.
::bigsmile:

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
this x250 2012 handbook:-

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• fuse1.jpg
    fuse1.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 39
  • fuse2.jpg
    fuse2.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 22
  • fuse4.jpg
    fuse4.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 15
  • fuse3.jpg
    fuse3.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 18
Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
last 2 pages'

Attachments

• fuse5.jpg
    fuse5.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 9
  • fuse6.jpg
    fuse6.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 4

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
why dont you download your handbook? its free
Link Removed

just need to register for free and then you can download it and check if theres any recalls outstanding for your van etc

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
forgot to say, earlier versions in all languages are available from here
Broken Link Removed

OP
OP
sdc77

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Phill.. Thanks very much for your help.. They were too small though.. TheBig1 many thanks for the link.. Am getting it from there.. Cheers::bigsmile:

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
why dont you download your handbook? its free
Link Removed

just need to register for free and then you can download it and check if theres any recalls outstanding for your van etc

Looks really useful - how on earth do you get registration to work? I keep getting an error message "To register you must give your consent" underneath "Do you accept the terms of the Privacy Policy". I've tried both check boxes and done the same with the Newsletter option. Just doesn't work.

OP
OP
sdc77

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Looks really useful - how on earth do you get registration to work? I keep getting an error message "To register you must give your consent" underneath "Do you accept the terms of the Privacy Policy". I've tried both check boxes and done the same with the Newsletter option. Just doesn't work.

Make sure you did the password thing correctly.. Needs a capital and a number

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
its a long time since i registered on the site so don't recall all the details but do know they are very fussy about passwords having both upper and lower case letters and some numbers. once registered go to the email you used and click on the confirmation link in the mail from fiat

then it will let you log in

if it still gets stuck, pm me an email address and i will forward a copy as an attachment or could use my dropbox account

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
its a long time since i registered on the site so don't recall all the details but do know they are very fussy about passwords having both upper and lower case letters and some numbers. once registered go to the email you used and click on the confirmation link in the mail from fiat

then it will let you log in

if it still gets stuck, pm me an email address and i will forward a copy as an attachment or could use my dropbox account

I finally made it. The error message I mentioned seems to appear whatever is causing the problem. In my case I was trying to use a username with a 'dot' in it - which isn't allowed.

Thanks for the offer of help though. :Smile:

OP
OP
sdc77

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
So.. Can anyone tell me which fuse/relay would control [HI]brake lights only on trailer only[/HI]
It doesn't leap of at me from the manual

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
not sure this helps but main brake light control is F37 7.5 amp

r/h side of dash under cover top row, 4th from left

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
not sure what you mean " trailer only"!

if its for your tow bar electrics that may be a retro fit with the tow bar and could be anywhere

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
the trailer doesnt have a separate fuse in the fuse box. as i said on the other thread, it will depend which way the trailer is wired, theres 2 options

option 1, the trailer is wired into the harness using a dedicated wiring kit. in this case, the body ecu will detect a short circuit and turn off the feed to the trailer lights to protect the rest of the system. fix the fault and then disconnect the battery to reset the ecu. if it still wont work, it will need plugging into the fiat computer to reset it

option 2 and more likely is that a bypass relay has been wired into the van lights. this hides the extra bulbs from the ecu so it wont see extra bulbs as a fault. it draws power from a fused feed from the battery. if the other light are working, the fuse is fine. if the wiring develops a short circuit on one of the relay outputs, indicators, lights or brake, then it will either blow the fuse killing all lights to the trailer or burn out that part of the relay. you will need to fit a replacement bypass relay to fix the fault

Broken Link Removed
this explains bypass relays

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Are you certain that nothing is coming out of the trailer socket on the van on the brakelight pin?

OP
OP
sdc77

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Well.. I don't have a socket tester.. But I have a trailer with lights and a separate light board. Tried them both and neither have brake lights.. All other lights work.
Am going g to try and figure it out this weekend one way or another

OP
OP
sdc77

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
the trailer doesnt have a separate fuse in the fuse box. as i said on the other thread, it will depend which way the trailer is wired, theres 2 options

option 1, the trailer is wired into the harness using a dedicated wiring kit. in this case, the body ecu will detect a short circuit and turn off the feed to the trailer lights to protect the rest of the system. fix the fault and then disconnect the battery to reset the ecu. if it still wont work, it will need plugging into the fiat computer to reset it

option 2 and more likely is that a bypass relay has been wired into the van lights. this hides the extra bulbs from the ecu so it wont see extra bulbs as a fault. it draws power from a fused feed from the battery. if the other light are working, the fuse is fine. if the wiring develops a short circuit on one of the relay outputs, indicators, lights or brake, then it will either blow the fuse killing all lights to the trailer or burn out that part of the relay. you will need to fit a replacement bypass relay to fix the fault

Broken Link Removed
this explains bypass relays

OK.. Seems I have the ring automotive Canbus multiplex relay.. It has an onboard red led that's on. I did disconnect it for a while.. No difference though.. Still no brake lights to trailer... Ill order a replacement..
Thanks very much for your help thebig1 and anyone else that offered advice

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back