Free Member
Mar 15, 2010
mid wales/shrops border
Funster No
MH
Conversion
Exp
Returning newbie..
newbie here - can I just put a bucket/black waste container under the outflow waste pipe and empty it?? Know it sounds daft......there is a valve at the end of mine - I promptly thought I'd test it and put 2L water down the kitchen sink.....nothing came out!! Tried the valve both ways - have I just got a thirsty Homey??:winky:

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
is the motorhome level?? If its on a slant a couple of litres of water might not be enought to make it to the end of the holding tank.

Upvote 0

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
The "Grey" water from the shower, bathroom & kitchen sinks usually goes to a holding tank. This can be drained either by positioning the outletover an on site drain for Grey Water or as you have tried, by emptying into a bucket & making daily trips. I empty mine into a Fiamma waste container with wheels (20 odd litres) and take it away every couple of days.:Smile:
I would have thought that 2 litres would have come though the system, unless the van is not on a level surface and the outlet is on the high side :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
i'd advise a short length of flexy pipe on the valve to aim the waste water into the container.

empty the sink and the waste will flow from the valve but it will either miss the small hole in the container at full flow or miss it at trickle, either way its gonna miss the hole at some point....unless you use a bucket that is. :Doh:

Upvote 0

Kermit 2482

Free Member
Mar 16, 2014
Torquay
Funster No
MH
Eldiss sunseeker 100
Exp
I'm a newbie
It looks like I have a lot to learn about my new motor home

Upvote 0

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
On grey tanks from some manufacturers, the outlet is on the side of the tank. You can never totally empty them!

We will wait for your next new thread in the summer about how to stop the smell from your plugholes!::bigsmile:

Upvote 0
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Is it possible you also have a black tank for toilet waste and that is the valve you have opened? If that is the case definitely use a bucket not a waste container you would not want that missing :Eeek:

Upvote 0

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
..unless you use a bucket that is. :Doh:

Let's hear it for the humble builders' bucket. Cheap, lightweight, space-saving, can also be used for washing the van. I even managed to drive over mine once and it just sprang back into shape. :thumb:

Upvote 0

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
A quick definition for Kermit-

'Necroposting'

Verb, to ressurect a thread from the dead!:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Let's hear it for the [HI]humble builder[/HI]s' bucket. Cheap, lightweight, space-saving, can also be used for washing the van. I even managed to drive over mine once and it just sprang back into shape. :thumb:

Humble builder? Isn't that a non sequiteur? :roflmto:

Upvote 0
Dec 18, 2010
Norfolk.
Funster No
MH
Autotrail cheyenne
Exp
2008-20??
It looks like I have a lot to learn about my new motor home

Yes but that is part of the FUN and if you are anything like me you will often say to yourself "you idiot why didn't I think of that" Take your time and enjoy!

Upvote 0

pneumatician

Free Member
Feb 22, 2009
Burntwood Staffs
Funster No
MH
La Strada,
Exp
since 2000
Being an ex Scout Leader and following very unpleasant experience cleaning Grey Tanks.

I now abide by the adage "Buckit and Chuckit" in the appropriate place naturally.
We have found when in warmer climes camp site wardens somewhat dumbfounded by campers wasting water by putting it down drains as opposed to on the border or hedges.
Commonsense always applies.

I always travel with both Grey and Black tanks empty and just a couple of litre's in the fresh tank.

Upvote 0

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Our waste tank outlet is on the side so it never really empties completely, theres usually a litre or more still in there.
I find if I leave the tap open and drive for a few miles, the tank then appears empty.......................:Blush:

Allan

Upvote 0
Aug 31, 2009
Lot-et-Garonne, France
Funster No
MH
Changing
Exp
15 Years
Our waste tank outlet is on the side so it never really empties completely, theres usually a litre or more still in there.
I find if I leave the tap open and drive for a few miles, the tank then appears empty.......................:Blush:

Allan

Trick is to corner on two wheels. Empties everything.:Eeek:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back