Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Broken Link Removed

Been looking for some type of alarm for the moho. Has anyone used one of these? Are they any good? Thanks

Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning
Broken Link Removed

Been looking for some type of alarm for the moho. Has anyone used one of these? Are they any good? Thanks

Short answer:
I bought one - they're shit, Sonis are shit, Sonis think they're above consumer law.

Long answer:
I bought one, and waited and waited for them to deliver it. I had to chase them (Sonis) up a couple of times, but eventually they delivered.
I tried it out at home in several rooms, and like many others, found it went off spuriously for no apparent reason. Also, the claimed 118db is an absolute joke - I tried it out in the motorhome, and when it went off for no apparent reason, I could barely hear it outside.
So, decided to send it back.
And waited and waited.
Eventually they acknowledged it was faulty, and that they'd issue a refund.
So - I waited and waited (again), for a refund.
It wasn't until I threatened legal action that I got any kind of response from someone called "Anne", who after checking (good old Companies House) turns out to be a Director of the company (and wife of the owner). Anne argued that I hadn't returned the item within 7 days - I, aided by Royal Mail tracking proved her "wrong". Handy that she's a Director, as she'd probably be the one who would win the day out at Chelmsford County Court if she hadn't given me my money back.
Whole thing was played out on the Amazon reviews - not good for Sonis (again).

So to surmise.
- Yes I bought one
- No they don't work (check out the Amazon reviews)
- Sonis don't understand consumer law
- Sonis like a public spat
- "Anne" will tell everyone that'll listen that the kit is "amazing". It's not.

The other issue it has is simple:
should someone break in and set it off, all they have to do is remove the battery. Although if they do decide to steal it, chances are, they'll post it back to you :ROFLMAO:

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
Short answer:
I bought one - they're shit, Sonis are shit, Sonis think they're above consumer law.

Long answer:
I bought one, and waited and waited for them to deliver it. I had to chase them (Sonis) up a couple of times, but eventually they delivered.
I tried it out at home in several rooms, and like many others, found it went off spuriously for no apparent reason. Also, the claimed 118db is an absolute joke - I tried it out in the motorhome, and when it went off for no apparent reason, I could barely hear it outside.
So, decided to send it back.
And waited and waited.
Eventually they acknowledged it was faulty, and that they'd issue a refund.
So - I waited and waited (again), for a refund.
It wasn't until I threatened legal action that I got any kind of response from someone called "Anne", who after checking (good old Companies House) turns out to be a Director of the company (and wife of the owner). Anne argued that I hadn't returned the item within 7 days - I, aided by Royal Mail tracking proved her "wrong". Handy that she's a Director, as she'd probably be the one who would win the day out at Chelmsford County Court if she hadn't given me my money back.
Whole thing was played out on the Amazon reviews - not good for Sonis (again).

So to surmise.
- Yes I bought one
- No they don't work (check out the Amazon reviews)
- Sonis don't understand consumer law
- Sonis like a public spat
- "Anne" will tell everyone that'll listen that the kit is "amazing". It's not.

The other issue it has is simple:
should someone break in and set it off, all they have to do is remove the battery. Although if they do decide to steal it, chances are, they'll post it back to you :ROFLMAO:

C'mon, don't sit on the fence, what do you really think?

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Cheers, Dave:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jamwitt

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 18, 2012
Chandlersford
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
4yrs
As previous threads only one alarm for motorhome vanbitze strikback never let us down you get what you pay for:thumb:

Jamwitt

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 18, 2012
Chandlersford
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
4yrs
Stay onhis site for free realy lovely and clean they will drop you off in the town for the day make a holiday of it:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back