Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Thats it the RV's loaded and ready to go next stop Morocco, ::bigsmile: well not quite. We leave for Portsmouth in the morning and catch the early ferry Sunday to Caen. Got a site booked for 2 days at Martagny after that no plans really depends on the weather and what mood I get up in. Gonna visit Bayeaux and the Cemetry's while in Martagny after that maybe Parc Verger or Mont St Michel ??????????? As long as we're in Algerciras by 27th/28th nothing else matters.

I've had too long to plan for this trip its driven me nuts I've checked and rechecked evrything. Then at 10am today realised I had'nt got any light deflectors for driving on the continent spent ages driving round eventually got some from Halfords.

Oh well not much sleep tonight I'll probably be watching the Olympics at 2pm.

See ya all soon. :thumb:

Rory & Jan

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Have a Safe one Rory see you in southern Spain in a fortnight:thumb:
2 things
1. do you need deflectors I thought Rvs were set straight ahead
2,when you get to Bayeaux, roll up the tapestry, its ours:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Bon Voyage
Geo

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Have a good one Rory :thumb:

Didn't think you needed headlight deflectors on an RV, never had any on mine.

Keith

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Forestboy

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Have a good one Rory :thumb:

Didn't think you needed headlight deflectors on an RV, never had any on mine.

Keith

Thanks guys

Oh well I've got them and fitted them now so they're stopping on, saves arguing with a French Bobby.
See you Geo

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Thats it the RV's loaded and ready to go next stop Morocco, ::bigsmile: well not quite. We leave for Portsmouth in the morning and catch the early ferry Sunday to Caen. Got a site booked for 2 days at Martagny after that no plans really depends on the weather and what mood I get up in. Gonna visit Bayeaux and the Cemetry's while in Martagny after that maybe Parc Verger or Mont St Michel ??????????? As long as we're in Algerciras by 27th/28th nothing else matters.

I've had too long to plan for this trip its driven me nuts I've checked and rechecked evrything. Then at 10am today realised I had'nt got any light deflectors for driving on the continent spent ages driving round eventually got some from Halfords.

Oh well not much sleep tonight I'll probably be watching the Olympics at 2pm.

See ya all soon. :thumb:

Rory & Jan

Hi Rory & Jan,

Have a safe and enjoyable journey. The only folks we know that have done the trip already are Jim & Jan (Scotjimland) and Tina & Glenn (TinaGlenn) and they all said that they thoroughly enjoyed themselves.
It's not for Rita and I, but we do hope that you have a great time, as we do for all our friends joining this trip.

All the best,

Jock & Rita.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Have a good trip Rory & Jan, we might bump into you on your way down through Spain, but I dare not go further South that Barcelona as I need to be near an airport for a quick return to the UK. Sods law says I will not need to return as long as I stay near an airport, but if I am in the Atlas mountains the call is bound to come:RollEyes: Otherwise we would be with you like a shot, and Ginnie says can she come with you anyway?::bigsmile:

OP
OP
Forestboy

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Thanks guys

Jim
Ginnie's always welcome anytime.
She'd enjoy it, especially as I got a couple of new CD's this week I know how much she likes my taste in music :ROFLMAO:

The original Eve of Destruction by Barry McGuire
& Diamonds in the Rough John Prine

Jan was hoping they would'nt arrive before we left, but they have :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Detourer

Trader - Tour Operator
Jul 30, 2007
Spain and Morocco
Funster No
MH
4x4 OverLander
Exp
20+ years
Take care and look forward to seeing you and the others.......102deg today near Malaga!!!!

Debbie and Ray........[Desert Detours].

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
Good luck with 'em too!

Before a recent trip i bought a pair of these deflectors. Fitted them at Dover port whilst waiting to board the ferry. By the time i'd reached the Belgium border, a distance of no more than 35 miles....the damn things had dropped off!

Can't beat good old fashioned insulation tape to mask up the lights and it's a good job i've always got a roll in my van! :thumb:

Have a good trip.

RuthRv

Free Member
Jan 4, 2008
Funster No
have agreat time you too, missing you already:ROFLMAO: take care safe journeys have a great adventure see u soon ruth:winky:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Good luck to all those Morocco bound have a great time and keep us informed.

I hear jungle drums work:winky::roflmto:

Jealous guys? you bet:Doh::cry:

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Hi Ror and Jan,

You Guys have a good one.Looking forward to your posts.

Steve.

P.S. I hear the exchange rates on camels are very good at the moment.:winky:

Happy Trails.::bigsmile:

Feb 3, 2008
Highworth
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 85
Hi to you all have a really good time and a really safe journey wish we could join you but somebody has to pay all the pensions (yep your right jealous as hell ) but see you all soon maybe at the fishing comp/meet. Looking forward to all the posts to make me feel even worse.
P.S. how many camels do I get for one wife now.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back