Jandek

Free Member
Jan 21, 2013
Rugby
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Rhythmn
Exp
Thanks Jim! As recommended in the latest news letter I gave AIB a ring for a quote. Very pleased with price given by Darren. Couldn't beat it. More euros to spend on Spanish vino :thumb:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
That's good news Derek :thumb: They are pretty sure that can beat most quotes. Where as all the main players seem to stick to one underwriter, it seems these guys have a relationship with all of them. Definitely worth ringing them last to see what they can do.

AIBinsurance

Funster
Mar 13, 2014
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
All sorts
Exp
Thanks Jim! As recommended in the latest news letter I gave AIB a ring for a quote. Very pleased with price given by Darren. Couldn't beat it. More euros to spend on Spanish vino :thumb:

Thanks for your kind words Jandek. I will make sure the person in question hears of your praise. Kind Regards

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Yep Nigel was our man, he sorted everything out that we needed for us too ....they were very easy to deal with

Thank you Nigel of AIB :thumb:

Thank you Jim for making us aware of their services :thumb:

John n Kath

Sep 21, 2013
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since Apr 2013
I also took the advice from the newsletter and so pleased I did. AIB even beat the quote from the Camping & Caravanning Club website as I di
dn't have the required no claims bonus they wanted.
Well done to AIB and to Motorhome Fun for getting them on side

arao99

Free Member
Feb 3, 2012
west midlands
Funster No
MH
dont own
Exp
May 2012
Motorhome Insurance with AIB

That's good news Derek :thumb: They are pretty sure that can beat most quotes. Where as all the main players seem to stick to one underwriter, it seems these guys have a relationship with all of them. Definitely worth ringing them last to see what they can do.

Thanks Jim! As recommended in the latest news letter I gave AIB a ring for a quote. Very pleased with price given by Nigel at AIB:thumb:

sean n maggie

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
leeds
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp
AIB

HI sorry for jumping in but are AIB an insurance company for going abroad ? looking at going soon and need cover .....sorry again ,,,,:Blush:

CandC

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 22, 2014
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Old School :D
Exp
Used to go with the olds! Now I have one of my own :)
HI sorry for jumping in but are AIB an insurance company for going abroad ? looking at going soon and need cover .....sorry again ,,,,:Blush:

AIB are an insurance brokers and ask you questions to help tailor the policy they offer to your needs. For example, the quote offered to me (which i took up) includes 30 days of European cover. Well worth giving them a call to see what they can do for you!

Colin.

Sep 24, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Exp
Since 2014
I also had a quote from AIB (thanks Nigel). Best price so far. But they can not supply a copy of the policy so I can check all the terms and condition beforehand. I was told to take out the insurance, get the documents and if I didn't like them to cancel the insurance. A bit of an odd way of doing things. They would not even email me the quote.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Well, our insurance was due on 9 May so hubby rang them, and a few others.

Our renewal with Safeguard for 365 days European cover, no mileage limit, £200 excess, new for old (for vehicles up to 2 years old) and full European breakdown recovery too = £357.

Hubby rang the Caravan Club and some others and they were silly prices for much less cover, and the chap from AIB couldn't come close even with the funster discount! The only one that was near was Comfort at £363 approx but with a bigger excess.

Needless to say we stayed with Safeguard. ::bigsmile:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
I rang AIB on Wednesday and in the absence of those who do the quotes, I left contact details for someone to get in touch any time after 10.00 on Thursday. I was assured that either Darren or Nigel would be in touch.
By 16.30 on Thursday, no one had contacted me, so I phoned again and spoke to Nigel.
After answering all his question and discussing screen cover, and European cover, etc, I was assured that he would be in touch sometime after 09.00 on the Friday (yesterday).

Yesterday came and went, so I don't think AIB will be providing us with insurance, :Doh: and no, there are no messages from them on our voice mail service.

Regards,

Jock.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
FROM GLOWING REPORTS to being like the rest in less than 18 days since the thread started :Doh::cry:::bigsmile:-someone needs to pull a finger or two out --no one expects them to beat every quote but not to call back when they say is just not good enough especially when as vague as Friday IE no time given so they have you waiting in all day :Eeek::Eeek:
terry

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Thanks Jim! As recommended in the latest news letter I gave AIB a ring for a quote. Very pleased with price given by Nigel at AIB:thumb:

Never mind the insurance quotes, what’s this about a “newsletter” am I missing out on something here ? :Smile:

arao99

Free Member
Feb 3, 2012
west midlands
Funster No
MH
dont own
Exp
May 2012
I also had a quote from AIB (thanks Nigel). Best price so far. But they can not supply a copy of the policy so I can check all the terms and condition beforehand. I was told to take out the insurance, get the documents and if I didn't like them to cancel the insurance. A bit of an odd way of doing things. They would not even email me the quote.

I had a quote from AIB they would not send me copy of policy or email,was told the same if i did not like it once i had paid and got the details I could cancel,which is what i did because the breakdown cover was not what i asked for.They are now maybe going to charge me £25 admin fee,we will see. I have sent the paperwork back but have not yet recieved a refund but i expect it will take a week.:Sad:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
I do not understand the refusal to send out a copy of the details before you take out the policy?

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
AIB have just moved offices and their scanner (at least) wasn't working last week. this could be why they would not send out a copy of the policy.

sean n maggie

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
leeds
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp
yeh but this is not the first comment that says they wont send out a copy of the policy before you buy,,,,,,:Sad:

Keithmk

Free Member
May 6, 2014
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
I'm a newbie
AIB

Hi, I saw this post and thought I would give AIB a call, very competitive rates,
The process was very quick and efficient, insured in under 10 Mins.

Thanks to Darren at AIB and thanks to Motorhome Fun for the great tip.

Keith and Carolyn.

arao99

Free Member
Feb 3, 2012
west midlands
Funster No
MH
dont own
Exp
May 2012
AIB Refund

I had a quote from AIB they would not send me copy of policy or email,was told the same if i did not like it once i had paid and got the details I could cancel,which is what i did because the breakdown cover was not what i asked for.They are now maybe going to charge me £25 admin fee,we will see. I have sent the paperwork back but have not yet recieved a refund but i expect it will take a week.:Sad:

I Have now recieved a full refund from AIB ::bigsmile:

Dergrowler

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 7, 2013
Banbury, Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
A Class, Hymer B578
Exp
Since 2013
ABI

Hi I just got insured through ABI also, saw the advert on the top banner on here.

Best quote for my needs, only 90 days European cover but still have the inflection of work at the moment so is more than enough for us.

Thanks to Jim for the advert and Darren at ABI :thumb:

Regards

David & Gill :Cool:

AIBinsurance

Funster
Mar 13, 2014
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
All sorts
Exp
Thank you all for your kind comments and apologises if we were not our usual prompt self when we were moving office (although business as usual was a regular term heard within the mayhem!).

Please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us at www.aib-insurance.co.uk

Oct 20, 2013
South Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Yes
Thank you all for your kind comments and apologises if we were not our usual prompt self when we were moving office (although business as usual was a regular term heard within the mayhem!).

Please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us at www.aib-insurance.co.uk
I blame Darren :whistle:

WAG2CRU

Free Member
May 31, 2012
Argyll
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654SL Star Edition
Exp
since2012
Sorry to say, having seen the banner, I gave AIB a call, the quote was competitive and I requested an e mail confirming the quote sadly, all I got was an e mail telling me that they had been unable to speak to me on the phone so would I phone them back for a quote. I have not heard a word since so, I took the exact same policy out with another broker for a slightly higher premium because, they provide the service that I would expect.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Question for AIB.......

Do you offer breakdown cover for a 3850 kg van? If not, I won't ask for a quote....... Thanks in advance

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Another plug for AIB, the van is already with them and I've just saved £100 on my very old Espace after Saga, as usual, increased last year's entry quote by a bucketload. :)

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
My insurance is due but unless AIB have changed their procedure and will send me a fully detailed quotation I won't waste my time even talking to them.
If the way they beat other quotes is by reducing levels of cover (i.e. not quoting like for like) then they aren't actually beating anything. If this isn't what they do then they have no good reason that I can think of to refuse to send quotes.
If anyone from AIB reads this I would be interested in a response.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
There must be a cooling off period to cancel without charge if the cover is not what you require.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I know there is but I don't want to be messed around in that way. I want to compare quotes, decide and be done with it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back