Free Member
Nov 1, 2010
staffordshire
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
since 2000
JUST HAD SERVICE AND HABITATION YESTERDAY TO REVEAL DAMP IN BOTH LOCKER BOX DOORS ON A 2 YEAR OLD APACHE 700, WORST AUTOTRAIL WE HAVE EVER HAD, THEY LOST THE PLOT IN 2012 WHEN THE QUALITY WENT COMPLETELY DOWN THE DRAIN AND THE SAD THING IS THAT AUTOTRAIL DON'T GIVE A TOSS ABOUT HOW MUCH THEIR LOYAL CUSTOMERS SPEND ON VANS. THE PROBLEM WILL BE SOLVED UNDER WARRANTY BUT THAT IS NOT THE POINT BECAUSE ANOTHER YEAR AND WE SHALL HAVE TO PAY FOR IT OURSELVES!! THIS IS THE WORST VAN WE HAVE EVER OWNED, IT HAS BEEN BACK TO DEALERS NOW 10 TIMES FOR WARRANTY WORK TO BE DONE DUE TO SHODDY WORKMANSHIP ETC..

:cry::Angry::cry:

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Welcome to the Autotrail damp club...
We have an apache 700 2012 and i have posted in the past about out damp issues.... Ours has been back to the factory twice..
You should have a 10 year ingress warentee so check your paperwork and make sure you keep hab checks up to date....

ps... keep a close watch on the dinette area, very prone to issues.. mine still had higher than normal reading at year 2 check....

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
Welcome to the MHF club. ::bigsmile:

I have had a new rear locker door and both rear locker door seals so far.
MH is a 2011 registered in 2012.

Search for the thread "AutoTrail woes" and have a day reading through it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
You're not alone a mate of mine bought a brand new Autotrail about 18 months ago and has had nothing but trouble especially damp but also bad fitting doors and roof vents and his fresh water tank sprung a leak.
Not sure what model it is but its a big tagaxle.
Its been back to the dealer loads of times and still isn't right albeit much better.
Such a shame because its a stunning van with a great layout and some really nice touches.

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
You're not alone a mate of mine bought a brand new Autotrail about 18 months ago and has had nothing but trouble especially damp but also bad fitting doors and roof vents and his fresh water tank sprung a leak.
Not sure what model it is but its a big tagaxle.
Its been back to the dealer loads of times and still isn't right albeit much better.
Such a shame because its a stunning van with a great layout and some really nice touches.

The three tag axles are :

Comanche, rear island bed
Arapaho, U shaped rear lounge
Chieftain, transverse rear bed

All the same body, just different layouts.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
I must say that you hear loads of damp problems with Autotrails.

I don't know anything about them as always had German but I certainly wouldn't consider buying one from what I read on here.

I know all motorhomes can have problems but it seems time and time again that this crops up with them.

You never really hear German makes having issues like this after just a year or 2.

We are currently looking for another motorhome and Autotrail is bottom of our list, sorry re-think, its not even on the list.

Paul.

easygirl

Free Member
Nov 7, 2010
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Kontiki
Exp
3 years
Always yearned for an Autotrail, but when we looked them at nec show, they seemed to be lacking in quality, thin doors, basic snap together hinges.looked beautiful at first glance.
We were both dissapointed after spending 10 mins inside.

The kontiki had a much more qualiy feel inside, so we will have to see if we made the right decision

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back