Free Member
Jan 16, 2014
kent
Funster No
MH
Renault van conversion
Exp
on/off since 1991in campervanss
just refilled my auto gas tank for the first time, WOW i was not expeting the huge blowback when disengaging, it was so fierce it styled my hair into a center parting,
pete

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
just refilled my auto gas tank for the first time, WOW i was not expeting the huge blowback when disengaging, it was so fierce it styled my hair into a center parting,
pete

I think you may have just solved one of the female motorhoming community's greatest problems. No need to ask about installing a huge inverter for the hairdryer - just get a refillable gas system fitted, then ask the other half to fill it.

Aug 31, 2009
Lot-et-Garonne, France
Funster No
MH
Changing
Exp
15 Years
pete

Saw it all mate...pic attached..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• blowback.jpg
    blowback.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 23
Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
The UK decided to use a nozzle that harbours half a litre (perhaps I exaggerate:Smile:) between its valve & the filler valve. The French device (which is much lighter, easier to handle, and to engage with the filler) simply makes a little pfft noise.

But we do things better than they do don't we? :RollEyes:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
a tiny bit of liquid gas is released, this boils off immediately and expands to many many times its original volume. what can appear a lot to the casual observer or somebody experiencing it for the first time releasing the coupling is actually not as bad as it appears to be

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
Keep a pair of gloves handy for when filling, LPG can cause a "freeze burn" if you come in contact with the escaping gas.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Keep a pair of gloves handy for when filling, LPG can cause a "freeze burn" if you come in contact with the escaping gas.

I bought a pair of rubber gloves (like heavy duty Marigolds) not just for that but also to give a better grip for unscrewing the adapter after it once got a bit tight (garage attendant put it on).

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
[HI]The UK decided to use a nozzle that harbours half a litre[/HI] (perhaps I exaggerate:Smile:) between its valve & the filler valve. The French device (which is much lighter, easier to handle, and to engage with the filler) simply makes a little pfft noise.

But we do things better than they do don't we? :RollEyes:

Is that the De Visser gun? I find the Gas Guard one easier to use and doesn't seem to release as much gas.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
pete

The new Euro connector has no escaping gas when you disconnect .. :thumb:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYvAD2naC_s"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYvAD2naC_s[/ame]

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
a tiny bit of liquid gas is released, this boils off immediately and expands to many many times its original volume. what can appear a lot to the casual observer or somebody experiencing it for the first time releasing the coupling is actually not as bad as it appears to be

True - but the amount released is that held between the filler lever valve and the tank filler non-return valve. Good filler/nozzle design should seek to minimise it and should make the filler nozzle as easy to use as a petrol pump nozzle. The UK nozzle does neither of these things and is unwieldy as well. The French one is foolproof, light, and traps considerable less LPG after shut-off. The British one appears to have been chosen (not that long ago) to provide a UK company with a captive market.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back