Motorhomes To Be Banned In Europe (1 Viewer)

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
The missus just told me that she just seen a disturbing article on the news.

From 2016, many European cities are planning to prohibit large vehicles from town centres and this would include many motorhomes :Sad:
Summat to do with congestion and air polution.

I have Googled, but can't find anything concrete on it, but did find a couple of old snippets about the plans, but they did seem to get shelved.

We don't use towns very often anyway, but sometimes you really need to. And will the plans be taken any further and ban them from other places?

This has really pissed me of, so gonna give Elvis an extra long walk.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I'm selling mine anyway, so don't care....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
The missus just told me that she just seen a disturbing article on the news.

From 2016, many European cities are planning to prohibit large vehicles from town centres and this would include many motorhomes :Sad:

I have Googled, but can't find anything concrete on it, but did find a couple of old snippets about the plans, but they did seem to get shelved.

We don't use towns very often anyway, but sometimes you really need to. And will the plans be taken any further and ban them from other places?

This has really pissed me of, so gonna give Elvis an extra long walk.

Many European cities are introducing low emission zones. These normally require large diesel vehicles to be less than a few years old. As motorhomes typically have a life of 20 years or so, this means that most are now banned from many city centres.

Of course, you could get a 1978 petrol/LPG model, as these are usually exempt, either being "classic" or non-diesel...

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
I just sent my friends and relatives an email that ERNIE had sent me an email advising of a major prize.

Nice one Yorick.

All females from Norfolk are lovely

Someone seems to have taken control of my laptop ??

Mack100

Free Member
Jul 27, 2013
Funster No
MH
Swift
Exp
Amazing news, I've just arranged for the engine to be removed from our MH and pedals installed so we can pedal it around Europe.
Hope this isn't some kind of joke. Please see classifieds for Ducato engine for sale.

OP
OP
Yorick
Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Amazing news, I've just arranged for the engine to be removed from our MH and pedals installed so we can pedal it around Europe.
Hope this isn't some kind of joke. Please see classifieds for Ducato engine for sale.

In that case, I'd stay away from Switzerland, but head for Austria instead.

Switzerland is mainly uphill, but Austria is all downhill. Important when you are pedalling :Smile:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007

That's the non-joke of the day, they already have - ask Boris for a start.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
"Excuse me my good man I am English" generally gets me out of those daft laws.

OP
OP
Yorick
Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Many European cities are introducing low emission zones. These normally require large diesel vehicles to be less than a few years old. As motorhomes typically have a life of 20 years or so, this means that most are now banned from many city centres.

Of course, you could get a 1978 petrol/LPG model, as these are usually exempt, either being "classic" or non-diesel...
:reel:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back