New water filler cap (1 Viewer)

Sep 30, 2012
Frampton, West Dorset
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Well, as our water filler cap is now rolling around a lane in Cornwall somewhere I have found myself looking for replacement online this morning.

I have discovered this:

Does anybody else have one? any good?

Just thinking this will save us losing another one as this will be the third one we've had and we've only owned it since November!! :Eeek:

Nicky

Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
I have one and it is really handy. I don't leave it attached though. Still put the normal cap back on. One thing I do to stop me driving away without replacing the cap is I sit it on the drivers seat while I am filling up the water.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp

Attachments

• water cap2.jpg
    water cap2.jpg
    1.8 KB · Views: 115
  • water cap1.jpg
    water cap1.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

Spenders

Free Member
Jan 19, 2013
Tadcaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2013
Third!!!!!!

Well, as our water filler cap is now rolling around a lane in Cornwall somewhere I have found myself looking for replacement online this morning.

I have discovered this:

Just thinking this will save us losing another one as this will be the third one we've had and we've only owned it since November!! :Eeek:

Nicky

Blimey! What are you doing to lose three?? Can you get Steve to lean out of the window as you go along, holding the cap on? :ROFLMAO:

On a serious note, those caps make filling with a hose easier as the hose is hard connected to the vehicle, but would still need removing if hose filling wasn't possible.

Would it be possible to attach your filler cap to a strap of some sort like many cars have nowadays?

Simon :thumb:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We have a HEOS filler cap but, like Gordon, only use it when actually filling.

Make sure you get the correct one - white for water tanks with overflow and blue for water tanks without overflow. I mistakenly bought the wrong one so water came out through it as it hit the internal filler pipe - fixed it by pushing a short length of hose onto the internal stub :Smile:

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010

I have discovered this:

Nicky

Does anyone know if it has a non-return valve fitted, or is the fill hole at the hose connector part left open to the elements ?

Also, I could almost guarantee snapping the connector off if it is left stuck out like it is in the picture. :Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
sticky130
Sep 30, 2012
Frampton, West Dorset
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
He's already ordered a replacement at 8.30 this morning:whatthe: He's never this efficient! :RollEyes:

I suggested getting this filler one as it is a pain stood out there in the rain and he likes the idea of swapping between the two, so thanks to GJH & gordoncbrown for suggesting this :thumb::thumb:

just to find out whether we have an overflow or not as we never stick that much water in as we have a massive tank.

Strap idea sounds great but there's nothing to fasten it to. Hopefully now he'll give it a really good wiggle EVERY time he puts it on now to make sure it's on properly as this is getting beyond a joke :Doh:

Nicky

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
I'm still trying to work out if we have an overflow or not. :RollEyes:

The tank looks as if it does, but the pipe I think may be the overflow disappears up somewhere in the same direction as the filler pipe & can't be seen. It seems an odd place for an overflow to exit. I need to get somewhere level (i.e. not at home!) & experiment.

Make sure you get the correct one - white for water tanks with overflow and blue for water tanks without overflow. I mistakenly bought the wrong one so water came out through it as it hit the internal filler pipe - fixed it by pushing a short length of hose onto the internal stub :Smile:

I was thinking that one for a non-overflow tank would work whether or not you have an overflow. Graham - are you saying that this was your situation - you do have an overflow & bought the blue one? Water then came out of the cap's own overflow while you were filling & you had to block it off?

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
(snip)

I was thinking that one for a non-overflow tank would work whether or not you have an overflow. Graham - are you saying that this was your situation - you do have an overflow & bought the blue one? Water then came out of the cap's own overflow while you were filling & you had to block it off?

Yes. I mistakenly thought that our tank didn't have an overflow so bought the blue one instead of the white one.

The internal filler pipe is short with a bend close to the filler hole so the water came out of the back of the cap, bounced off the (close, vertical) inside of the filler pipe, and a fair amount went out again through the cap's overflow. Using just a hose, of course, bypasses the bend because the hose is pushed further in. So, I cut off a short length of hose and pushed it onto the cap outlet to do the same.

I would imagine that if the internal filler pipe is longer/straighter (as was the case on our Autoquest) such adaptation would not be needed.

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp

I have discovered this:

Nicky

I have one and leave it on all the time, works for me. :thumb:

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Great idea as a lot of the Heosolutions products BUT tried 2 blue ones but neither fit our Chausson so beware that there are different sizes!

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
<snip> bounced off the (close, vertical) inside of the filler pipe, and a fair amount went out again through the cap's overflow.</snip>
I think we might have the same problem. There is a sharp bend just inside the cap - makes using a watering can difficult for the same reason.

I'd better find out for sure if we have an overflow - or just get the blue one & do the same as you did.

Thanks for the info.

faraway

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2016
Kent
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 10
Exp
Getting better

How do I know/see if the tank has or has not got overflow?

faraway

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2016
Kent
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 10
Exp
Getting better
Thank you

Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
To establish if you have a breather / vent pipe:
Take the cap of and look directly at the filler unit, if it has a breather hole, it is at 12 o'clock. Its small, I've just gone through the same procedure to determine if we had one.

faraway

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2016
Kent
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 10
Exp
Getting better
Thank you very much

Join us or log in to post a reply.