Is there such a thing? (1 Viewer)

Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Hi, I'm looking for a sim card that I can top up and can use for an occasional text that will not need topped up every month. £5 credit I reckon will last at least 6 months. Is there such a thing out there ? TIA

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
T mobile or EE can do that. You have to make one outgoing call every 3 months to keep it active

I put £10 on my husbands mobile over 6 months ago and he still has £7 credit.

Its only for emergencies and rarely gets used

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 25, 2013
Dorchester, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Sad former owner
Exp
Since 1991
Payg sim

Try ASDA who use the EE network. Probably the cheapest and only need to use the card once every 60 days (or is it 90?). Also, I have found their help line very accessible and HELPFUL!

Now, anyone know of a Data only SIM card which is true PAYG and not one of these rolling monthly £10 contracts?

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Hi, I'm looking for a sim card that I can top up and can use for an occasional text that will not need topped up every month. £5 credit I reckon will last at least 6 months. Is there such a thing out there ? TIA

GiffGaff.

You have to buy £10 of credit and it lasts sort of indefinitely ( unless you only make free calls to other GiffGaff people in which case 3 months ).

camocam1

Free Member
Aug 28, 2012
Elgin,Moray,Scotland
Funster No
MH
bailey approach 760 se
Exp
since 2012
I have a pay as you go data sim for Mrs iPad from Orange as mainly used on WiFi cost £5 for the card and if know we are going to be off WiFi for any length of time can buy a week for about £4.50 from memory
Don't think you get it online now so would need to phone then or go into an orange shop

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back