LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Been told by an English couple today that they paid 13€ to park for 24 hours on the Aire at Paris Plage 2. :Eeek: Its 9€ at Fort Mahon Plage, and 7€ at Quend Les Pins. Prices of some Aires seem to be on the increase.

Surely the French won't pay these prices? After doing a rekkie on our bikes we noted that of the ten or so vans at Fort Mahon Plage, most had tickets displayed :Sad:

Nearly the same price as the cheapest ACSI sites at €14, but at least you would have electric, toilet and shower facilities plus possibly free wifi for your €14. :thumb:

PS We are on ACSI site as we had a load of washing to do :ROFLMAO:

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
It was €9.00 last summer. That's a heck of an increase (45% ish).:whatthe:

Thanks for letting us know.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Paris plage aire was €9 in 2008 , and an extra €2 for an hour of leccy .. so I guess it was due an increase

Le Touquet Equestrian Aire was €7 with no leccy .. IMO, a much nicer aire ..
was it still open ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Paris plage aire was €9 in 2008 , and an extra €2 for an hour of leccy .. so I guess it was due an increase

Le Touquet Equestrian Aire was €7 with no leccy .. IMO, a much nicer aire ..
was it still open ?

The equestrian aire was €9.00 last summer. (IMO the a better aire of the two.)

Nov 13, 2013
Bideford, Devon
Funster No
MH
Benimar Tessora 487
Exp
since 2011
Bruges

Just been to Bruges and the Aire there is 22 euros but in a great location for a beautiful city.

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
We stayed at Fort Mahan Plage last year at 9 euros, won't go back. It wasn't even a nice car park. The "service" area was disgusting.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
We stayed at Fort Mahan Plage last year at 9 euros, won't go back. It wasn't even a nice car park. The "service" area was disgusting.

Some nice bars and restaurants there though:thumb:

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol
The equestrian aire was €9.00 last summer. (IMO the a better aire of the two.)
I would agree as we used to use the Aire next to the boat yard, this has now been reduced in size and the car park enlarged. The Aire at the horse Equestrian centre is by far the best and the extra distance into town is worth it. It is closed if there is a horse event on.

:thumb:

Roryboys Dad

Free Member
Mar 19, 2012
Glapwell Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Reference P716 LPR
Exp
This is a letter I sent to the Maire in Le Touquet last year -

27/07/2013

Hotel de Ville du Touquet-Paris-Plage
Boulevard Daloz

Monsieur Bernard Baudoux,

In July this year we stayed at the Aire for Camping Cars near Centre Nautique in Le Touquet.

We were amazed at the ridiculously high €11 price the Le Touquet authorities charge for parking at the roadside on Ave de Berlin.

Any water and electricity we require is charged extra and this makes the Le Touquet Aire probably the one of the most expensive Aires in France.

The price has risen slowly over the years but this increased charge is way too high.

We normally have a meal in a Le Touquet restaurant, buy food from shops on Av Louis Hubert and use the Vet at Etaples for the dog's Pet Passport treatment.

We have stayed many times in Hotels and Apartments in Le Touquet and have enjoyed and appreciated all the wonderful things the town has to offer.

We are now the owners of a Camping Car and had hoped to visit on a regular basis but the high charges for staying at the Aire have soured our opinion of Le Touquet.

In future we will avoid the Le Touquet area until we hear of a sharp decrease of the charges levied at the Aire in Le Touquet.

I appreciate that there are some costs to provide and maintain the Aires in Le Touquet but if most other authorities across France can provide Aires at a much more reasonable price, many Aires are free, then Le Touquet will see a reduction in Camping Car owners staying at this overpriced Aire.

I appeal to you to reconsider the price you charge for basic, and limited, parking facilities for Camping Cars and I hope to hear of a reduction in the current charge before I consider staying once more in the town of Le Touquet.

Yours sincerely,

I haven't had a reply!

:france::france::france::france:

Jan 11, 2014
Medway, Kent
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2011
We stopped at the equestrian centre aire last year and paid 9 euros/night. Plan to stop over again in May as it is a short hop from Calais. Very good but a fair bit of horse doo-dah around, so quite an odour in the air(e)! ::bigsmile:

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
I'm not sure...

I was looking at a campsite, in the NE and they were offering a low season pitch for £14, High Season was £22.

Even a C & CC was asking for, from £6.30 per person to £10.65 per person...Hardly cheap.

I wonder what response the French would get if they wrote and asked for a reduction in their fees.

If is too expensive, people wont go there, but, I suspect it will be as busy as last year. Supply and demand...

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Yes, we did have a very nice pizza there and I personally enjoyed watching the firemen training on the beach :winky:

We stayed at a site down there last year which was about a 2 mile walk from the aire. We walked in and had a really nice meal and a lot of drinks. We didn't fancy the walk back and asked if there were any taxi's we could call. The waitress said there were no taxis in the area. Next minute she came up to the table with her car keys and drove us back. How nice was that?:thumb:

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Le Touquet

Been told by an English couple today that they paid 13€ to park for 24 hours on the Aire at Paris Plage 2. :Eeek: Its 9€ at Fort Mahon Plage, and 7€ at Quend Les Pins. Prices of some Aires seem to be on the increase.

Surely the French won't pay these prices? After doing a rekkie on our bikes we noted that of the ten or so vans at Fort Mahon Plage, most had tickets displayed :Sad:

Nearly the same price as the cheapest ACSI sites at €14, but at least you would have electric, toilet and shower facilities plus possibly free wifi for your €14. :thumb:

PS We are on ACSI site as we had a load of washing to do :ROFLMAO:

Do you know if the 13 euros stated included the 2 euros for water, if so that would mean there is no increase in last years 11 euros a night ?

Good idea if anyone at le Touquet now or in the near future could confirm the ticket machine price please.

OP
OP
canopus

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Had a walk to the Yacht Club Aire from the Equestrian Aire last Saturday. Can definitely confirm that the tariff displayed on the ticket dispenser is 13€. No services are included. They are separate and at the borne to one end.

All bays were occupied plus there must have been another 30 vans in the road which runs parallel to the sea. Spoke to a Belgian guy and he said that a lot of Belgians checked the weather forecast and headed for Le Touquet Paris Plage last weekend. No Brits just French & Belgians plus one or two Germans.

13€ for an Aire with no other benefits is extracting the urine but judging by the numbers there, people are willing to pay:Eeek:

Aug 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki
Exp
I'm a newbie bought our first motorhome 7months ago and love it
We are heading to France for Easter are municipal campsites any good?

OP
OP
canopus

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
I'm not sure...

I was looking at a campsite, in the NE and they were offering a low season pitch for £14, High Season was £22.

Even a C & CC was asking for, from £6.30 per person to £10.65 per person...Hardly cheap.

I wonder what response the French would get if they wrote and asked for a reduction in their fees.

If is too expensive, people wont go there, but, I suspect it will be as busy as last year. Supply and demand...

Suspect some of those there this last weekend didn't pay to park, perhaps knowing that early in the season they could get a freebie. However, when we there a couple of years ago there were two Gendarmes checking all vans for valid tickets and marching those without one to the machine to pay up :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Nov 13, 2013
Bideford, Devon
Funster No
MH
Benimar Tessora 487
Exp
since 2011
Seems quite cheap compared to the Aire in Bruges 22 Euros, but so convenient for the town (Bruges), you pays your money and .....

Roryboys Dad

Free Member
Mar 19, 2012
Glapwell Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Reference P716 LPR
Exp
canopus - 13€ for an Aire with no other benefits is extracting the urine but judging by the numbers there, people are willing to pay

You may find that there are lot of those parked up who arrive quite late and leave very early to avoid the official Le Touquet 'ticket checkers'!

And at €13 who can blame them?

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
canopus - 13€ for an Aire with no other benefits is extracting the urine but judging by the numbers there, people are willing to pay

You may find that there are lot of those parked up who arrive quite late and leave very early to avoid the official Le Touquet 'ticket checkers'!

[HI]And at €13 who can blame them?[/HI]

I for one...

They are thieves, plain and simple .. and should be thought of as such.
Not only that, they are costing the honest people.. and also depriving them of a place..

If they don't want to pay they should go elsewhere.. :Angry:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back