Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Snelly. some of you may know him. The first person I banned from motorhomefun. If you've had kit fitted by this pervert then I hope you don't need any warranty work. Broken Link Removed

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
:Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
He was a paramedic at one time and a 'leading light' on the darkside!
I nearly had some work done by him when he first set up business,but his price was a tad high. I feel sorry for the families of these kind of people.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
A real pillar of our society as I remember, I think I remember him partaking in a business venture with another Facts member. Is this the same SnellyV.:Eeek:

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
A real pillar of our society as I remember, I think I remember him partaking in a business venture with another Facts member. Is this the same SnellyV.:Eeek:

Yes he had quite a following among motorhomers, never here though, he joined here with a disgusting name (should have guessed then) just to cause trouble when fun first started and was banned. However he was was very active in the 'facts' community fitting leisure equipment I think he organised rallies for them as well.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Yes he had quite a following among motorhomers, never here though, he joined here with a disgusting name (should have guessed then) just to cause trouble after the Facts split and was banned. However he was was very active in the 'facts' community fitting leisure equipment I think he organised rallies for them as well.
As you can imagine I was never one of his flock but I do take note and remember all about his activities and his themed rallies but wasn't aware of this particular one. I feel for his family.

Last edited:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
don't know what to say.. total shock.. and sadness for his family and the victims.. :Sad:

we met him and his family at a birthday bash with a few other Funsters back in July 2007 .. we both had the same RVs .. Georgieboy Cruismasters .. so we had that in common and talked quite a bit..

had no further contact .. seemed like a nice enough bloke.. just goes to show you can't judge on a brief encounter .. or just because they own a motorhome :Sad:

Last edited:

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
His web site seems to be down for maintenance .....
Snellyvision.co.uk

The store is currently offline while we carry out essential maintainance.

....... looks like it's gone down with him and could be a while.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Shane N Snell
Profession: Paramedic
Registration Number: PA21789
Hearing type: Interim Order Application
Date & Time of hearing: 02/07/2013 - 09:30 End: 02/07/2013 - 11:30
Location: Health and Care Professions Council, Park House, 184 Kennington Park Road, London, SE11 4BU
Panel: Investigating committee
Outcome: Interim Suspension

The Panel decided to impose an interim suspension order for a period of 18 months.

http://www.hpc-uk.org/complaints/hearings/index.asp?id=4117&month=7&year=2013&EventType=H

Last edited:

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
He looks like he's put on a lot of timber since I last saw him but I would never have suspected he was this kind of person :Angry:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
vile paedophiles like that try to appear as normal as possible, so nobody should feel too upset that they didnt suspect the dark side of this man. so so pleased he got banned long before his behaviour became public though as it would leave a cloud banning him for his actions now

just a bit concerned that he has only been suspended as a paramedic for 18 months at present. if he gets released early from prison that would mean he would still be licensed to work again. not that he would hopefully ever get a job with the public and contact with children ever again.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
vile paedophiles like that try to appear as normal as possible, so nobody should feel too upset that they didnt suspect the dark side of this man. so so pleased he got banned long before his behaviour became public though as it would leave a cloud banning him for his actions now

just a bit concerned that he has only been suspended as a paramedic for 18 months at present. if he gets released early from prison that would mean he would still be licensed to work again. not that he would hopefully ever get a job with the public and contact with children ever again.

Jailed for 11 years

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
I knew about the charges some time ago, but quietly hoped that they might be unfounded. :Sad:

He always led you to believe that he was a good Christian family man. :whatthe:

You just don't know what goes on in people's minds, eh?

Regards,

Jock.

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
In jail with men only he will no doubt carry on with his sex life unfortunately unless of course he ends up on the receiving end but then he might enjoy that.

Peter

Not when BIG BUBBA gets a hold of him - he'd wish his cheeks were sewn from top to bottom (pardon the pun).

Dirty, vile paedophile.:Angry:

Trikeman. :winky:

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
I am not a wimp but I do feel sorry for everyone concerned. The kids, their parents, his family and all others who got caught up in the business. I even feel sad for him, as his predilection has ruined his life but I cannot think of a better place for him to be:cry:. The whole sick saga is sad and now we will have to go on paying for his keep in prison so I am sad for me too.

Alan :cry:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Thank goodness Jim you banned him. At that time you did not know that you were protecting the funster family from a paedophile.

The thought that without being banned he could have been attending some of our meets where we have had families and young children and let them have a little freedom and feel safe is, to be quite honest, stomach churning.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
I feel very sad about this.. by all accounts Shane was a good father and provider, worked as a paramedic so I assume he saved many lives.. he also did volunteer work with the red cross.. People who had work on their vans by his company have nothing but praise..

In the earlier post I said we met at a meet.. this was in June 2007, it was in fact a MHFacts meet, and his Birthday Bash .. We were on our way to Scotland.

I have a photo album from that meet.. there were lots of kids running around, including my daughter and his son hugging..

At the meet were Jim and Sian, Bryan and Suzi, Duncan from StarSpangledBanner.. and quiet a few others who's names I can't recall.

The sadness comes from the pain this has caused his wife, children, family and friends.. who knows what makes a man behave in this fashion... it has destroyed everything he had worked for and loved.. he has lost it all.

In no way would I ever try to defend such behaviour or try to explain it.. that's way beyond my level of understanding.. I only wish I could. :Sad:

One of the meet pictures..

Shane's Green RV at the back

DSC_2455.jpg

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Well I for one am overjoyed Jim.
I detested that man with a vengeance, He was not the nice familly guy he portrayed, you were suckered in Jim like many, and saw what he wanted you to see
Many of the wives knew him to be violent and abusive to his family too
G
As a sign of goodwill and just in case he meets Bubba can we send him a Smiley Soap on a Rope

Last edited:

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
I detested that man with a vengeance, He was not the nice familly guy he portrayed, you were suckered in Jim like many, and saw what he wanted you to see
G
As a sign of goodwill and just in case he meets Bubba can we send him a Smiley Soap on a Rope

No Geo, no soap - just dry, crisp, frustrated, unconcerned Bubba will do.:roflmto:

Trikeman. :winky:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
G

thanks for putting me straight Geo .. as I said it was only what I heard and saw at that meet.. you obviously had more dealings than I had..

I still feel very sorry for his family

Last edited:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
And when would he get out if he behaved himself?

He will do half but may well get the last 2 yrs in a open prison which could result in him getting day release to do a job towards his REHABILITATION --Of course being in prison for his offenses he will probably be in solitary for his own protection or on a wing with the other pedophiles :Smile:
terry

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
When he does get out will he be cured. Prison may be a punishment but its not a cure especially if a person is mentally ill. Which I believe anyone who does this sort of thing to a child must be.
I have no answer but these type of people need a lot more thsn prison to protect our children.

pendy

Free Member
Oct 9, 2008
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
3 yrs
Chemical castration anyone?? I would be only too please to put the needle in him.
having ruined others lives I feel nothing but hatred and loathing for him and his type.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back