windscreen stickers (1 Viewer)

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Thinking about a thread the other day relating to waving, reminded me that my first glance when seeing an approaching MH (those that I see at least!!) is round the windscreen looking for a funster sticker, then if there is time I look for a waver

I have realised I have never seen another sticker other than mine

Do people not have them, or do I miss them, with 30000 subscribers I thought I might I have seen a few by now

Having said that I put mine in the quarter light beside me, and once fitted was not going to risk moving it and tearing it, so I would not even see my own coming towards me!!

Do you all have one fitted, if so where please, maybe we need an official location, come the demise of the tax disc maybe we should all adopt that place??

David

philw111

Free Member
Mar 22, 2009
Moray Firth
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 484
Exp
Since 2004
You're not alone David - I've never seen another motorhome sporting a sticker either :Sad:

In answer to your question about positioning, I have one just above the tax disc and one on the rear window. I also have one of the old rectangular MHF stickers on the side window :thumb:

Phil

Apr 29, 2009
West Yorkshire...Halifax
Funster No
MH
Vanless....BUT....!!!!
Exp
Since 2007
Mine had 2 on it...1 on the windscreen...passenger side above the tax disc..and 1 on the back window..to let those who drove at a "quicker"pace than me:roflmto:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 28, 2013
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Mine had 2 on it...1 on the windscreen...passenger side above the tax disc..and 1 on the back window..to let those who drove at a "quicker"pace than me:roflmto:
I've never seen one either, nor do I yet have one...:Sad:

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
I DID have two, one on the windscreen above the tax disc, and one on the rear window on my old MoHo but didn't want to try removing when selling her - also recommended the new owners join up and they would already have the stickers fitted - not got any on our new one as not been able to get any.

At my age I have difficulty in seeing the motorhome coming the other way, let alone the sticker, but I still wave though (and dribble).:roflmto:

Hopefully I will pick some up at the next rally/get together.

Trikeman. :winky:

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Can we obtain them if we send some folding stuff ?

It took me months not to see the advert for them on the right had side of these threads, (near the bottom), I had to ask

I also understand they can be picked at most meets, so hopefully Chester for me I will add another

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Good point, or funster sun strips, like I had in the 70's, maybe not though

Now, that is a damned good idea - we could see each other from the other side of the motorway then.
:thumb:
AND - should someone see another in distress, Bobs your uncle.

I can hear the Chinese phone ringing now - bet they will be on eBay in half an hour.

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Here we go, something to stick in your windscreen, and should you ever get lucky enough................

Broken Link Removed

:getmecoat:

Oct 29, 2013
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
1 year motorhomer after 21 years caravanning
Mines proudly displayed bottom right of windscreen - not seen any others to date......maybe they only come out in the sun - as for the waving at other MHs I think I've finally got it right after a few months of waving at anything with a white cab ( Tesco van man must have thought I was stalking him):Doh:

Spenders

Free Member
Jan 19, 2013
Tadcaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2013
Folding??

Can we obtain them if we send some folding stuff ?

No cash required.... just send an SAE to the address on the advert (in the advert down the right hand side of the screen) and our leader will send you some stickers back!

I saw a Funster sticker on the A64 last year.... and the Funster name was on a notice (like wot we have at rallies) in the back window, but due to traffic I couldn't get in a position to wave. I later checked and it was a funster who had not logged on for at least two years!

Simon.

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
so do we need a campaign to display our badges with pride, or are stickers not popular now, do we something else?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back