Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
We are going to find sum sunshine I hope.
heading down to Blanes area and whould like a small campsite
Any recomendations please .
We dont need a lot just enough space between the motorhomes to stay for 2 weeks and relax.
If it was warmer in France I would go to Park Verger .

Leaving Sat 5th April.

Thanks

Mel

Spottycatz

Free Member
Feb 17, 2013
Racodorm
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Low Profile
Exp
Still making mistakes! But they're not as costly.
We are heading through there on Thursday, (currently in Peniscola,) there seems to be a dozen or more sites just to South of the town. Weather permitting we will have a look, 'cause at the moment the weather is NOT good:cry:

Jan 19, 2012
Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
We went back last year to a campsite we stayed at some 30 years ago, on a cheapo Club Cantabrica coach holiday! The site, Camping Blanes, was still there and largely unchanged - sadly no longer having direct beach access as the town had expanded, and there is now a concrete promenade running from the town and behind the site. It was a nice enough place still, mostly Dutch and a few English. Walking distance to town, decent bar, facilities and shop. Suspect the other sites will be similar, perhaps a different 'ethnic mix' as some sites are preferred by tour operators.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Rob and Val

Free Member
Oct 17, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Compass Calypso
Exp
Since July 2010
We stayed at Camping La Masia
Carrer Cristòfor Colon, Blanes
http://www.campinglamasia.com/uk/campsite.html

The pitch we had was hardstanding and quite close to neighbours but didn’t cause a problem. However, I would think that the site would be noisy at weekends. It wasn’t cheap – I think we paid 26 euros per night – but we were only there for a couple of nights. It was the location that we liked. Just a short walk from the main street and from the beach.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Stayed in Blane's last week, it was a camping Cheqe site so worked out 16 euro, handy though not direct to the beach, facities were spotless, and staff very pleasant, when Ed gets in I will put the name and details on, oh and it was very warm and sunny, :Smile:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hi Mel, it's the one Rob and Val gave the link to, it was week end and quiet when we were are not many of the static's been used. Pools were shut though. You can get into Barcelona quite handy from there, the bus station is a short walk from the site, which runs to the train station and then the train into Barcelona .

Ed says the best cake shop he has seen was there, reason enough for him to go back. :RollEyes: lol.

goldenline

Free Member
Jun 6, 2012
Port Grimaud France
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
We have stayed at both camping Blanes 15.50 € per night direct access to promenade but quite shady. La masia is much bigger and more expensive but more facilities
Alan

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Be very careful in Blanes please.

We went there for a family holiday in 1955.

We were the only English family in the town.

I was eight and was hit by a man on a motorbike when I crossed the road...

I had done the "look right, look left, look right again stuff but he was on the wrong side of the road.

You have been warned.

JJ :Cool:

fatbuddha

Free Member
Mar 6, 2012
Gods Waiting Room
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam T-line 700
Exp
since 2004
Be very careful in Blanes please.

We went there for a family holiday in 1955.

We were the only English family in the town.

I was eight and was hit by a man on a motorbike when I crossed the road...

I had done the "look right, look left, look right again stuff but he was on the wrong side of the road.

You have been warned.

JJ :Cool:

I would think that in the 59 years since that happened you'd now need to be a damn sight more careful crossing any road - Spain or not!! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back