Free Member
Dec 27, 2010
Ashbourne, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
June 2010
We have a blocked drainage pipe from the bathroom sink to the waste tank. Has anyone used or can recommend a proprietary cleaner that will flush out the pipe. I thinking along the lines of 'Mr muscle' or similar but i'm concerned about the possibility of the plastic pipe melting. The pipe is the grey ribbed type. Any suggestions?

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Try that "Mr Muscle" drain cleaner, it says on the bottle it is safe for ALL pipes, just under a fiver in the Co op.

Oct 28, 2013
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
We have a blocked drainage pipe from the bathroom sink to the waste tank. Has anyone used or can recommend a proprietary cleaner that will flush out the pipe. I thinking along the lines of 'Mr muscle' or similar but i'm concerned about the possibility of the plastic pipe melting. The pipe is the grey ribbed type. Any suggestions?
I use one of these at home, it's pretty good.

Broken Link Removed

slverdreamers

Free Member
Nov 22, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
18yrs
clearing block drains

Be careful what you use, we used one from B & Q for sink at home and it melted the plastic, just a puff of smoke and the pipe disappeared.
When we had the same in motorhome used a very fine flexible drain cleaner, which worked and was safer as long as you are gentle
regards

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Despite what it says 'on the tin' I'd be hesitant to use Mr Muscle in view of the seals and pipe work used in a motorhome.
I have a Rothenberger RoPump (small version) which I use in the house and, from time to time, to squirt some warm water down the shower tray and sinks in the van. It is designed to work when you have standing water in a sink that is being prevented from flowing away, but I have also used it like a giant water-pistol to flush the pipes. I did not pay as much as this (about £16 I think) but this is the first seller I found.
Broken Link Removed

OP
OP
Brightspark

Brightspark

Free Member
Dec 27, 2010
Ashbourne, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
June 2010
Have now managed to disconnect the flexible grey pipe from the rigid pipe just outside the van behind the wheel arch. The blockage seems to be in the rigid pipe. But it's a long run of pipe back to the waste tank !

Oct 28, 2013
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Have now managed to disconnect the flexible grey pipe from the rigid pipe just outside the van behind the wheel arch. The blockage seems to be in the rigid pipe. But it's a long run of pipe back to the waste tank !
If it's a straight run of smooth bore pipe just rod it with something.
It could be a build up of hair from the shower and fats from the sink in the kitchen but rodding it should do the trick. :thumb:

Last edited:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Once you have it clear, use Buster Sink Sanitiser on each plug hole after each trip. I've been using the predecessor (Buster Kitchen Sink Fresh) for several years now and it keeps it clean.

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
I use full fat coke it gets all sort of rubbish out, I put a bottle or two down the plug holes it seems to keep them clean. Pete :thumb::thumb:

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
Be careful when you put anything down the washbasin in the toilet as it is only a push fit under the sink and can easily come adrift. I know to my cost.
Look in the cupboard under the sink and you will see the connection.
You will have to be a contortionist to do it.
The connection under the kitchen sink is the same. Both of ours have fallen off on their own. They need regular checks.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
And buy the cheapest own brand coke you can find; Lidl's used to be 17p for 2L ISTR !

Oct 28, 2013
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
I use full fat coke it gets all sort of rubbish out, I put a bottle or two down the plug holes it seems to keep them clean. Pete :thumb::thumb:
It's also very good for cleaning out your Grey Waste Tank.
Leave a litre or two swilling around in there for a few hours whilst you're out and about and it'll remove all the gunge ready for you to empty out at your next stop.

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
It's also very good for cleaning out your Grey Waste Tank.
Leave a litre or two swilling around in there for a few hours whilst you're out and about and it'll remove all the gunge ready for you to empty out at your next stop.

Don't you just leave the drain tap open when you are driving ? :hardhat:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back