ADAC renewal (1 Viewer)

Dec 6, 2011
West Wales
Funster No
MH
Ducato Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2011
My ADAC cover is due for renewal shortly and I don't want to renew it, can I just ignore the notice or do I have to stop it some other way?

Mike

flatpackchicken

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2010
BICESTER OXFORDSHIRE
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I8000
Exp
Since nov 2009
You need to write to them at tell them you do not want to continue with the membership, think you need a months notice, otherwise they will automatically send out an invoice and you will be liable to pay it as it is in the t&cs, Although you must have a very good reason to cancel as ADAC is probably the best breakdown and recovery in the world in terms of cost and what they offer, and many funsters would love to join now, but it looks like that ADAC is not taking anymore new members from the UK. Regards Garry Flatpackchicken

OP
OP
taffybloke
Dec 6, 2011
West Wales
Funster No
MH
Ducato Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2011
You need to write to them at tell them you do not want to continue with the membership, think you need a months notice, otherwise they will automatically send out an invoice and you will be liable to pay it as it is in the t&cs, Although you must have a very good reason to cancel as ADAC is probably the best breakdown and recovery in the world in terms of cost and what they offer, and many funsters would love to join now, but it looks like that ADAC is not taking anymore new members from the UK. Regards Garry Flatpackchicken

Thanks Garry. The reason I want to cancel is that my betterhalf was refilling her car in a Supermarket petrol station and she could not start the car so rang the ADAC number and they kept hanging up on her and would not talk to her in english. She rang a few times and the same result just hung up.

An AA patrol was in the garage at the time and he failed to start the car and they were unable to move it off the pumps because it had an electronic handbrake and is automatic. He was then called away to a job.

I had to drive to her and get the car going, she was "fuming" sitting in the car blocking the pumps with a set of cones around her:ROFLMAO: I have been on short rations ever since :cry:

Mike

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

flatpackchicken

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2010
BICESTER OXFORDSHIRE
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I8000
Exp
Since nov 2009
Oh dear that's not good. Very unusual for ADAC to do this so can understand why but don't be to Hasty it is still the best around although no good if they don't talk to you when you need them. I always ask for English speaker operator and always got one straight away, just a thought did the wife press any keys on phone after message as although in German you need too press 1 or 2 to connect through maybe no buttons press then it gangs up ??????? Maybe look at phoning another number to person speaking and then get transferred ???? Sorry the wife got let down when she most needed it but once in action they are superb. Regards Garry flatpackchicken

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back