Chester (1 Viewer)

Oct 24, 2013
Nantwich. Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
Exp
6yrs ish!
Hi members. Just booked in for the meet at Chester racecourse. Noticed there is the facility for EHU at £35-00. Are any members making use of this ?? As newbies and our first ever outing, not sure wether beneficial, any pointers would be welcome. :thumb: :thumb:

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Our experience there last year was that EHU wasn't offered (as far as I know) or needed for such a short period. Unless there was a compelling reason (e.g. medical need) we'd save our money to spend at the Food Fair mmmmm..

Wyn

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Never used it but £35 seems a bit steep to me. (There again, I am originally from the North and, allegedly, careful with money). :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Hello, we are going and this will be our first meet as well. We have opted for the electrics, we hope to be there for 4 nights and I decided that although it looks a bit pricey when seen as a separate item, the whole price for the 4 nights is not too bad compared to club site prices or even CS's with electrics

As we have electric heating it makes better value for us. If it is cold you could easily get through a 13kg cylinder of gas (we could anyway) then with the 12V power needed to run the heating we would have flat batteries and still spend nearly as much with the price of the gas!!

See you there

David

Soaringman

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
March 2012
We have opted For the electric too. We don't yet have solar, but do have a genny, but not allowed to use it there.:Doh:

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
Hi members. Just booked in for the meet at Chester racecourse. Noticed there is the facility for EHU at £35-00. Are any members making use of this ?? As newbies and our first ever outing, not sure wether beneficial, any pointers would be welcome. :thumb: :thumb:

:thumb:
I don't think you would be on your own. We are on EHU too. If it rains etc.etc. at least we can stay warm :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
..... there are several people on EHU and I am thinking I wish I could afford it .... if it is as cold as last year you will reap the rewards of hooking up... it was freezing .... er.... if I bring my sleeping bag can I sleep on the floor please:RollEyes:

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
if I bring my sleeping bag can I sleep on the floor please:RollEyes:
Can elevate you a bit higher than that - we even have a spare bed. But the dividing 'door' is very thin & we both snore, so you might get more sleep in the cold. :ROFLMAO:

We have had to go for EHU to keep her ladyship's wheelchair charged up. But I shall feel tempted to run the heating on electric rather than gas, having paid my £35. I don't know what amperage they are supplying.

It was bound to be expensive - it's a temporary supply from a generator, so will be costing quite a bit to provide - far more per night than a permanent supply on a regular campsite.

A couple of solar panels on the roof is the next big (i.e. expensive) job, but they won't keep the wheelchair going unless I only let her out every other day.::bigsmile: The wheelchair batteries are nearly as big as the van's leisure batteries! Whizzing round a show all day soon gets through the power.

OP
OP
New Dawn
Oct 24, 2013
Nantwich. Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
Exp
6yrs ish!
Thanks everyone for your input, very usefull. Having spoke with the other half, think we will go for the EHU, Movan,, we have a spare bed if it's freezing, your more than welcome !!!!:thumb: :thumb:

Boater

Free Member
Oct 6, 2010
Bridgend s.wales
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
we used electric hookup last year but it was only in the general camping area so away from the rest of the funsters area don't know if it will be the same this year we havnt bothered this year.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
we used electric hookup last year but it was only in the general camping area so away from the rest of the funsters area don't know if it will be the same this year we havnt bothered this year.
The thread is a year old

Sep 2, 2014
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Self-converted Van
Exp
Since 2014
Ah ok. But the issue is still relevant! We haven't booked EHU but the weather forecast is suggesting that it's going to be pretty darned cold and if that's the case I quite fancy hook up. But I want to be parked with other Funsters, so the question is still whether it's possible or not this year!

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Yes Gerri it has all been covered within the Chester meet thread.
Electricity will be provided in the FUN area

Sep 2, 2014
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Self-converted Van
Exp
Since 2014
Whoopie! We can party with friends without me terrifying everyone with my unkempt hair! EHU here we come!

OP
OP
New Dawn
Oct 24, 2013
Nantwich. Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
Exp
6yrs ish!
How this thread reappeared is beyond me. As techno has pointed out this was from the previous chester meet last year !!!! (y)(y)(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back