New Chausson delivery delays, normal?? (1 Viewer)

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
Last Nov we ordered a Chausson best of 10 from a dealer in the NE. I specified a delivery date of 1st April. When I phoned to check if all OK two days ago they told me that there was going to be a delay. I called in the showroom today to be told that the MH will not now leave the French factory production line till 18th April due to them running out of the fabric for the seats.

Then of course it has to be shipped here and DVLA do their stuff. I'll be lucky to get it by early May.

Is this a normal situation when buying a new MotorHome? Apparently the same dealer has 8 people on his list waiting for new Best of 10s to be delivered, all late.

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Yes perfectly normal, regardless of the make, place of manufacture or dealer... Any apathyfrom any of the links in that chain will result in delay, usually accompanied by blame shiftingand buck passing... We ordered ours 9 weeks prior to our departure date and actually got it to our home, with 2 and a half weeks to spare..!! Hope the wait will prove to be worth it for you....:Smile: PS.. Try and get a jump on proceedings by getting a copy of your insurance to the dealer prior to them getting the van, they will already have a group of new reg No's, they can allocate you one, and apply for your reg doc from DVLA earlier... Good luck with everything... Mitch..:thumb:

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
If its a best of 10 not a 510 I thought they were all made and most now sold!!. Picking ours up next week know its there 'cause we've seen it.

David

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
If its a best of 10 not a 510 I thought they were all made and most now sold!!. Picking ours up next week know its there 'cause we've seen it.

David

Understand from Chausson at the NEC that the last Ford motorhome chassis were all allocated as the Best Of models sold out then built to match orders - UK Chausson dealers had the option to have limited numbers each to sell. We got one of the last Best Of 04!

OP
OP
Sandancers
May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Exp
Several years now
We're def. getting a best of 10 on a Transit chassis, says so on the invoice. Just a bit p'd off that there is this delay from the agreed delivery date.

Thought that in this day and age, manufacturers could get their act together !

Chipster

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Getting there!
Hmm. It's a long enough wait anyway only to be told you gotta wait a bit longer. It'll be worth it in the end I'm sure!!

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I suspect theyve done a lot better than expected sound very popular on here

david

Soozywoozy

Free Member
Feb 18, 2014
Oxfordshire - edge of the cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 704SL
Exp
2014, 2 motorhomes
sorry to hear of your frustrations - its a long wait. We ordered our new m/h (not a chausson) in oct and were given an indicative date rather than definitive date and warned very strongly that it could vary. To be fair, it hasn't wavered one iota and we collect ours next week. The dealer has called us at least monthly to keep us updated
It is, I agree soooooo long - how long does it take to build a m/home? I have had new cars and never waited this long, but as they say patience is a virtue.
Good idea about insurance docs ready and prepped,, but again, just learnt direct from insurance company, through this whole process don't get them more than a month in advance as you don't get the best quote as they have to work on worst case scenario's
If you are having any extras added at the dealer, e.g. alarms, satellite, push to make sure all is in stock and ready to go, as this could add another week onto the week it will take to do all the work
At least the weather should be good by the time you get it, and hopefully will put your understandable frustrations behind you when you drive off!

OP
OP
Sandancers
May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Exp
Several years now
sorry to hear of your frustrations - its a long wait. We ordered our new m/h (not a chausson) in oct and were given an indicative date rather than definitive date and warned very strongly that it could vary. To be fair, it hasn't wavered one iota and we collect ours next week. The dealer has called us at least monthly to keep us updated
It is, I agree soooooo long - how long does it take to build a m/home? I have had new cars and never waited this long, but as they say patience is a virtue.
Good idea about insurance docs ready and prepped,, but again, just learnt direct from insurance company, through this whole process don't get them more than a month in advance as you don't get the best quote as they have to work on worst case scenario's
If you are having any extras added at the dealer, e.g. alarms, satellite, push to make sure all is in stock and ready to go, as this could add another week onto the week it will take to do all the work
At least the weather should be good by the time you get it, and hopefully will put your understandable frustrations behind you when you drive off!

Apparently I cannot insure the MH until I have a least the chassis number, so until that comes thro can't do that.

Soozywoozy

Free Member
Feb 18, 2014
Oxfordshire - edge of the cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 704SL
Exp
2014, 2 motorhomes
We didn't have insurance in advance but I had checked out half a dozen quotes ranging form £500 - £1500 and knew who we were going with. As soon as our vehicle arrived at the dealer we made a phone call to insurance, got it confirmed over the phone with start date for collection date and then informed the dealer. In all 10 mins of phone calls and the dealer was then able to start registration process with DVLA - they can't start it without insurance being organised. However as said, insurance co.s were reluctant to quote me with more than a month to go.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back