LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
I'm struggling to find a couple of small clocks suitable for screw fix mounting (no shelves to put one on) in our motorhome so wandered if anyone has found any good ones preferably using standard batteries please? Having trawled the web only finding that household clocks are too big & all the caravan/motorhome specific clocks have to be recessed in a hole or are mounted on light wood so would look awful against our "dark oak" interior.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
We have something like this
In our van from aldi they have them on special offer now and again, sits on a screw and tells you the weather and other stuff but have a clock and alarm on as well:thumb:

peter H

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2008
Neath, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Nearly 4 years
At most of the morothome shows i've been to there has always been a stall selling clocks, thermometers & barometers etc, usually round ones, brass finish etc suitable for wall mounting. Often already mounted on a wooden base.

Have a look round the next show you go to.

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mastercamper

Free Member
Dec 7, 2013
Northumberland Flag Flier
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
50 years campervanning
Why would you want a clock in a motor home, or any form of leisure vehicle, anyway.?
There is insufficient time, without a clock to tell you that you have finished enjoying yourself...:Doh:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Thanks for all the replies - so far bought some strong velcro tape (thanks for the tip!) & this for the kitchen/dining area as it is a clock & kitchen timer
& now just need a small, wall mountable, radio controlled, digital clock preferably with alarm & temperature function - not much to ask! Liked the Technoline one but too big for the only possible surface where it can be stuck & seen all round & our son loves the cube one which is "cool" & now wants one for his room!

lee52

Free Member
Oct 13, 2013
tyne and wear
Funster No
MH
selfbuild
Exp
I use one of this auto sets it time inside and outside temp Broken Link Removed

2dogs

Free Member
Nov 2, 2011
Devon
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Rhythm
Exp
Spring 2012
The only clocks we have are the girls::bigsmile:

They wake us up when they want breakfast .... we eat when hungry ... drink anytime .... sleep when tired

van time is chilling time::bigsmile:

May 3, 2008
North Wales
Funster No
MH
A class Carthago Chic I47
Exp
34 years
If you're going to the Peterborough Show The Weatherman's stand has what you need, three inch dial mounted on wood, tiny battery which last 12 months approx. Ours is mounted on wall by velcro (no messy holes)

Sep 12, 2012
Wengen
Funster No
MH
A/S Broadway EL 2021
Exp
Since 2010
I use wine & beer bottles, when they're empty it's time for bed! :winky:

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Have a look in a chandlers or an online boating supplier. The classic ship's clock was screwed to a bulkhead. You might even get one which rings the watches every 4 hours but make sure it can be turned off.

Something like this. Broken Link Removed

From these people. http://www.force4.co.uk/c/101/Nautical-Clocks---Barometers.html

They do matching barometers too!

Last edited:

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Aldi have a rather nice clock/weather station in every so often. It has an external sensors so you can see what the temperature and humidity are inside and outside the van.:Smile:

163phil

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Kenilworth
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Still only a year after many years camping
Our is similar to this one: Broken Link Removed

We've taped the wood surround to the wall with some double-sided tape, and the clock simply clips into the surround so you can adjust it or change the battery easily. The wood surround can easily be sanded down and stained to your desired colour.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
We have an ordinary battery operated alarm clock beside the bed. It is stuck to the dressing table top with blu-tack and its still the original blu tack after 4 years. The alarm is solely for when we need to get up early for a crossing.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
whilst were on the subject of clocks i want to find a small digital clock that only lights up when you touch it i often wake up at night and want to know the time but cant get up to find a phone without waking she who must not be disturbed

fatbuddha

Free Member
Mar 6, 2012
Gods Waiting Room
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam T-line 700
Exp
since 2004
whilst were on the subject of clocks i want to find a small digital clock that only lights up when you touch it i often wake up at night and want to know the time but cant get up to find a phone without waking she who must not be disturbed

I have one that I got from Lidl a while ago (3 years??) so I doubt if it's available now. that's no great help to you but it might be worth keeping an eye out on what Lidl or Aldi have to offer.

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
I bought a basic analogue alarm clock which used an AA battery,it was about 2"x 2", When I had my VWs with the carpet lining,it was light enough to be held on to it with sticky backed Velcro. I now have a larger clock on the Hymer with the super strong 3M 'Velcro'
2 strips,hold the new clock on,which is about 4" in diameter.
But I tend to agree about the need for a clock in a leisure vehicle,we hardly look at ours so it never wears out!

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
The salter timer/alarm for the kitchen/lounge area was not wall mountable after all, too heavy , poor design & construction so sent back to Amazon. We did buy a Techno Line weather station as suggested by Chaser :thumb:
It will easily wall mount & like the alarm function so ideal for the bedrooom area & big enough to be seen from a distance away - our motorhome is only 5.99m so not that hard!

Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
We got one and took it down after one night. When everything is so peaceful and still it's tick was deafening........

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back