Does anyone have a Kampa air 260L? please help (1 Viewer)

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
peter ginney is away in spain ,will get back to you i am sure

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I think this is a follow up thread related to sizing, they had an awning delivered to Spain, but it does not fit and only measures 250 not 260

Something like that anyway

OP
OP
Teasy2007

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Rings a bell, I think Jim replied to that one

Peter

Yes, Jim suggested I pack it up and send it back to them, with a charge for postage.

Unfortunately we are in Spain so it is more difficult. I have read on another thread that this is a problem which has happened before and that Kampa are aware, however Ian of Awnings Direct say that Kampa know nothing of this incorrect labelling.

I wanted advice from someone who had a 260L and had erected it successfully. Our awning rail is only 256 but when we put the 260L up the bottom corner with the triangle of skirt was about 6 cms from the floor. If our motorhome had been 268 cms it would have been 18 cms off the floor!

The 260L is supposed to cover motorhomes from 250 - 270cms.

I will find Peter's telephone number and give him a ring.

Ginny

OP
OP
Teasy2007

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
I should have mentioned, when the Kampa arrived the pump was missing, as well as the instructions.

Awnings Direct wanted up to erect the awning, peg it down and then send them photographs. It is difficult to erect an air awning without a pump.

Ginny

OP
OP
Teasy2007

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Good news, we are not crazy!!!

I have just spoken to Johns Cross and the young man explained that the awning must be one of the early ones, where the sizes were "all over the place". They had a number of these faulty awnings and sent them all back to Kampa.

I have informed Awnings Direct and am yet again waiting for them to reply and hopefully collect and return this to Kampa.

Thanks for help and advice

Ginny

freelanderuk

Free Member
Sep 24, 2009
Saltfleet/Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
we have had our 260L awning up this weekend , our awning rail is 250cm to the ground and i had a very small gap at the corners , but it fits well around the sides as you have the large mud walls and adjustable pegging ladders and straps

do you have the 2 tags that the rubber ladders for pegging down attach to or just one tag as when i am on chocks i have to put the ladders on the longer of the 2 straps

this is not an Air awning

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
As the OPs previous awning was lost in strong winds and this is a replacement for it, it would appear that it may not be any more robust to use it in that type of weather than the original one was! The brochure from the link above says:

This awning is designed for use in light to moderate weather. During strong
winds or snowfall we recommend that you take your awning down. The
awning is designed for touring use; it is not designed for static or commercial
use.
:RollEyes:

OP
OP
Teasy2007

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
As the OPs previous awning was lost in strong winds and this is a replacement for it, it would appear that it may not be any more robust to use it in that type of weather than the original one was! The brochure from the link above says:

:RollEyes:

Hi, We have always had Kampa awnings, the iadvantage of the Air is that there are no poles to damage the motorhome and if the wind starts to get bad we can just pull the plug and it will gracefully deflate! or so we have been told!!

Ginny

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back