LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
We searched online for anything that could make our motorhome windows more secure & finally found the Lock M Out. Having just fitted 2 of these we have just ordered more for all the windows as they work really well & no need to drill! They are easy to take on & off & cost us £12 for 2 including delivery. There are 2 types to fit either Polyplastic (RH only) or Seitz (LH & RH) handles which are steel & look smart in black paint finish with a neat label which can be removed easily if not wanted. We have used Milenco Sleep Safe alarms on our caravans in the past but having seen how easy it is to open the windows we wanted to make forcing entry more difficult too. See Broken Link Removed & if you click on the Video Link it shows the device working. We found their Twitter page useful too to figure out which handles we have https://twitter.com/LockMOut . We aren't on commission but thought other Funsters might find these security devices useful too!

Ber090

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 12, 2012
West Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2012
Hi, Must agree with you. We bought some last summer at the show in Cheshire. A very simple but effective window lock.
Cheers
Bernie:thumb:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
are you sure youre not connected to the person selling these locks? its just you started another thread about them in December too
Broken Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
are you sure youre not connected to the person selling these locks? its just you started another thread about them in December too
Broken Link Removed
We are definitely not connected in any way! We bought 2 of these to try as you rightly say in December then packed them away with all the other motorhome accessories that we were buying & with Xmas, selling our caravan & towcar & family life having been pretty frantic for us ever since we have only now got around to sorting & fitting all our new toys! We have found the posts on here really useful when it came to deciding what accessories to buy & just wanted to share our findings so it might help someone else especially as we think it is a great little product that fills a real gap in the market.

Foggy

Funster Trader
Sep 28, 2012
essex
Funster No
MH
grande frountier
Exp
Window security

Thank you to Wombles for putting out this post about the Lock M Out Devices
We are the makers of this device as well as Funsters and are extremely grateful to you for letting others know about us:thumb: Hope to see you all at Harrogate ! ::bigsmile:

Steve101uk

Free Member
Jun 6, 2012
EUROPEAN UNION
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740 C
Exp
since 2007 caravan before that
what do they cost? I cant find a price on the website

Steve

Foggy

Funster Trader
Sep 28, 2012
essex
Funster No
MH
grande frountier
Exp
Lock M Out

Hi Steve

They cost £10 per pair plus £1.60 - £3.00 p+p depending on how many you need

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
We are the makers of this device as well as Funsters and are extremely grateful to you for letting others know about us:thumb: Hope to see you all at Harrogate ! ::bigsmile:

without prejudice, can i suggest you read TRADER? READ THIS on the top blue task bar and send Jim a PM to check if you qualify as a trader funster.

Link Removed

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
My window catches have buttons on the handles that you have to press in to turn the handle, so not easily opened from the outside. Probably just means they'll break the window instead :Sad:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
My window catches have buttons on the handles that you have to press in to turn the handle, so not easily opened from the outside. Probably just means they'll break the window instead :Sad:

many are made of plastic so locking them with the button will have little effect.......they will simply break if a lever, or indeed fingers, is inserted in the window frame and pulled hard enough.

Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
I think that it loos to be another good deterrent but as we all know if the gits want in they will get in. Only thing being the harder it is to get in the more chance they have of making noise or having to take a bit longer. Might be enough to discourage them. I've enquired about these. Might be good if they came with a window sticker as well.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
I think that it loos to be another good deterrent but as we all know if the gits want in they will get in. Only thing being the harder it is to get in the more chance they have of making noise or having to take a bit longer. Might be enough to discourage them. I've enquired about these. Might be good if they came with a window sticker as well.

Hi - there is a red & white sticker with "Lock M Out" on the side of the locking device that can be seen through the window - the video shows it facing the inside but it actually comes with it facing the outside. Hope that makes sense - not had my first cup of tea of the day yet!

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
many are made of plastic so locking them with the button will have little effect.......they will simply break if a lever, or indeed fingers, is inserted in the window frame and pulled hard enough.

Windows are recessed so anything other than a very thin lever would break the window anyway. You certainly couldn't get fingers in.

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
1 they have now shown anyone that did not know how to gain access

2 what is to stop the rod being slid in and pushing the plate off the handle first?It seemed to me to go on and off the handle easily

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
1 they have now shown anyone that did not know how to gain access

2 what is to stop the rod being slid in and pushing the plate off the handle first?It seemed to me to go on and off the handle easily

The video is disconcerting but showing how insecure the windows are is doing caravan & motorhome owners that didn't realise it (like us!) a favour & those who have criminal intent would probably know how to break in already.
We have ours fitted on our handles now & although they are quick & easy to put on & take off once in place they are a very snug fit & can't see any way that they could be levered off from outside. They have been designed specifically for either Polyplastic or Seitz handles so a bespoke fit not a multi purpose item.
We only bought 2 to try at first but now have them fitted to all our window handles so you can tell we are fans of this product - just wish we had thought of it first!

Last edited:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Just went out and checked mine and it's right even though they have the button on them dead simple to open from outside. :Eeek::Eeek:
Never realised, so my deadlocks and straps on doors are a waste of time.:Doh:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Just went out and checked mine and it's right even though they have the button on them dead simple to open from outside. :Eeek::Eeek:
Never realised, so my deadlocks and straps on doors are a waste of time.:Doh:

Those window locks that Funsters, Chris and Carol sell (Lock em Out) are simple and they work. Its nice when both terms 'cheap' and 'effective' can be used when talking about a product:thumb:

Jul 25, 2010
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2009

Will you be at the Peterborough show?? ::bigsmile:

Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since June 2008

Hi Foggy

How do we buy these? Are you going to be at Stratford?

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We looked at them at Peterborough - until then we had never realised that the Seitz handles had buttons (thought they were a bit stiff to open ::bigsmile:).

When I actually looked at the van, though, it struck me that one window has two handles and the others have three. Is any determined thief going to bother to fiddle about sliding something through to release three handles or is he just going to put a jemmy in and force the lot in one go? If the latter I couldn't see how these devices would be effective I'm afraid - but happy to be convinced otherwise :Smile:

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
I saw these or, something very similar, at Peterborough, thought they were £10 a pair. I bought a bike. :Smile:

Foggy

Funster Trader
Sep 28, 2012
essex
Funster No
MH
grande frountier
Exp
Lock M Out Price

Hi
They were £10. per pair at Peterborough as they were being offered as a
Start of season sale price.
They are normally £6.00 each plus p+p on our website or at World of Motorhomes
Hope this clears it up.:thumb:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
We looked at them at Peterborough - until then we had never realised that the Seitz handles had buttons (thought they were a bit stiff to open ::bigsmile:).

When I actually looked at the van, though, it struck me that one window has two handles and the others have three. Is any determined thief going to bother to fiddle about sliding something through to release three handles or is he just going to put a jemmy in and force the lot in one go? If the latter I couldn't see how these devices would be effective I'm afraid - but happy to be convinced otherwise :Smile:
over the years i have never seen a plastic window opened from the outside using the handles. get your fingers or a lever behind the plastic and pull sharply. the window either flexes popping off the handles or breaks. the thief couldn't care less which way it opens or the damage so long as they are inside in 10 seconds

likewise most habitation doors can be opened with a modified screwdriver just as quick. plastic will always fail under pressure:Sad:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
A very neat piece of kit at a very good price.

But I have to add to what Big1 said. It only stops genteel burglars. Those with a jemmy will not even notice they are fitted.

Since their video showed how easy it is to use a bent nail. Why didn't it show the same nail removing the security device ?

I'm really sorry Foggy, nothing against you but my number one loyalty is to FUNsters.

LucyCaitlynW

Free Member
Aug 29, 2013
Kent
Funster No
MH
Ford Golden Eagle Transit
Exp
I'm a newbie of 2 days
Like the idea but my windows don't open this way :RollEyes:

Lucy

Movinon

Free Member
Feb 1, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Lots
It's a good product, but if you are serious about security then such things should not be your only line of defense. A thief may breach outer security by force, but I have three levels of security on our motorhome and I pity anyone who tries to breach all three.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back