LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Hi, I know this must sound like a very silly question - but - before I buy the Satellite Finder app for my ipad could someone please confirm that it will work even if I am not connected to the internet.??

Ginny

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
I used to use it (can't remember if it worked without Internet but see no reason why it would need Internet to work)
I stopped using it and have one of those smart LNBs with the light on.. Worked much better so don't have the app anymore

JohnH

Free Member
Jan 5, 2009
Southport
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
+14
Yes, it does work on both an iPad Mini or an iPhone. Just make sure you use it portrait mode not landscape. It can give false readings otherwise.
John

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
plenty of free apps that do the same thing just as well. they rely on the gps part of your phone to detect position and give a good indication of which direction to point the dish. fine tuning still requires a meter or on screen bars on the tv though. be aware if trying to tune in sky, you need to move the dishe very slowly to pinpoint the satellite as the skybox has a delay in responding to any changes to the lnb

i use satellite director on my phone to indicate which area of the sky to look at then a £10 meter of ebay to finetune the signal. generally takes a minute or so

geo glasgow

Free Member
Feb 2, 2014
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail cheyenne
Exp
here it good

Broken Link Removed

good luck any pribs you can always get a satlink meter from ebay around £60 has built in strenth and quality incl tv channels to see ,any questions i van answer as thats my business satellites that move,,:thumb:

Jan 27, 2009
Leyland Lancs
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2001
Hi, I know this must sound like a very silly question - but - before I buy the Satellite Finder app for my ipad could someone please confirm that it will work even if I am not connected to the internet.??

Ginny

You only require your ipad's GPS position and a free Sat Finder App.

As already stated.

Last edited:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
plenty of free apps that do the same thing just as well. they rely on the gps part of your phone to detect position and give a good indication of which direction to point the dish. fine tuning still requires a meter or on screen bars on the tv though. be aware if trying to tune in sky, you need to move the dishe very slowly to pinpoint the satellite as the skybox has a delay in responding to any changes to the lnb

[HI]i use satellite director on my phone to indicate which area of the sky to look[/HI] at then a £10 meter of ebay to finetune the signal. generally takes a minute or so

I use a two quid compass....never let me down yet. :roflmto:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I use a two quid compass....never let me down yet. :roflmto:
ah the trusty compass, great till you are on a site in wales where the hardstandings are made from ironstone slag. so its basically magnetic in nature and moving a few inches can change the compass bearing by 20 degrees:ROFLMAO:

with the phone, its not affected and because the phones always on me and the app is free, it saves messing about looking for the old compass then remembering the position of the satellite you're looking for. simply set the app to the satellite you need (it remembers the setting) and turn the phone in the indicated direction till it shows you exactly which direction to point the dish in. technology is sometimes a great benefit and although the old ways still work it makes tasks so much easier and idiot proof

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
BBC Iplayer

Does anyone know if its possible to 'keep' the progs longer than the BBC iplayer allows. And play them at a later date?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back