Free Member
Mar 17, 2014
SPAIN
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
6 months
Bought my motorhome last year and now living in Spain..I'm sure many people have already had this problem. Everything about my gas bottles is wrong,wrong make ,wrong fitting. Anybody going back to the UK want to swap two Cepsa or Repsol bottles for two 6Kg Calor ones?::Angry:

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Bought my motorhome last year and now living in Spain..I'm sure many people have already had this problem. Everything about my gas bottles is wrong,wrong make ,wrong fitting. Anybody going back to the UK want to swap two Cepsa or Repsol bottles for two 6Kg Calor ones?::Angry:

Can't you get refillable ones there, gasit sell them here but I believe they are made in Portugal so would think they are about there somewhere.:thumb:

Malcolm Bolt

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
Bought my motorhome last year and now living in Spain..I'm sure many people have already had this problem. Everything about my gas bottles is wrong,wrong make ,wrong fitting. Anybody going back to the UK want to swap two Cepsa or Repsol bottles for two 6Kg Calor ones?::Angry:[/QUOT

I went to the local rastro (car boot) and got a bright Cepsa butano bottle for 10 euros. I was told I should have negotiated better as they normally go for less.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Its no big deal.. Leroy merlin or camp shop for a jumbo adaptor, rastro for a used bottle €5-10 job done... I assume you have a bulkhead regulator fitted on the van..

As for the 6kg UK bottles I think you may need to dump them or give them away. Anyone in Spain will already be gassed up and doubt many would have a use for an empty bottle, especially when they are so many in UK...

Good luck getting sorted..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back