Do they pump it up and wait a while? (1 Viewer)

Jan 27, 2013
Stamford
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Seven plus years
MH is off for its 1st annual habitation check this week.

I saw an episode on the caravan channel where the engineer:

1, disconnected the gas bottle

2, put a pump on the regulator

3, pressurised the system with air

4, came back later and checked the pressure was holding

Are they still likely to do this on my MH which has a Gaslow refillable cylinder?

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
They will probably fit a service point if one is not already fitted to allow the test to be carried out. The gaslow will make no difference.

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Standard gas "tightness" test is to pressurise whole system to five times working pressure, for modern motorhomes with a fixed bulkhead 30 mbar reg that's 150mbar! Five minutes "normalising" time then top up if necessary to 150mbar then it has to hold for five minutes. Don't panic about being tested at 5 times operating pressure though, 150mbar is about 2.5psi, yes two point five pounds per square inch. Any outfit that doesn't carry out a "tightness test" during a hab inspection is not doing a hab inspection.

D.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
Standard gas "tightness" test is to pressurise whole system to five times working pressure, for modern motorhomes with a fixed bulkhead 30 mbar reg that's 150mbar! Five minutes "normalising" time then top up if necessary to 150mbar then it has to hold for five minutes. Don't panic about being tested at 5 times operating pressure though, 150mbar is about 2.5psi, yes two point five pounds per square inch. Any outfit that doesn't carry out a "tightness test" during a hab inspection is not doing a hab inspection.

D.

is there any permissable drop with lpg ?

OP
OP
Sidney
Jan 27, 2013
Stamford
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Seven plus years

D.

Dave the minute this MH doesn't HAVE to go to Swift dealer I'll be on your doorstep. I suspect I'll be paying for a rubber stamp by a Swift dealer who "won't touch any warranty issues".

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
is there any permissable drop with lpg ?

5 mbar after the second five minute period is acceptable. Truth is I have almost never come across a system that lost more than 1mbar after the 2nd five minute period unless there was a leak somewhere.

D.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Sidney
Jan 27, 2013
Stamford
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Seven plus years
They will probably fit a service point if one is not already fitted to allow the test to be carried out. The gaslow will make no difference.

Checked the manual for the Truma MonoControl CS (fixed regulator) and it has a test connection built in. So they should not need to disconnect anything on the high pressure or low pressure parts of the system.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back