Campsite for RV near Portsmouth (1 Viewer)

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Sailing out from Portsmouth to Caen next Sunday morning does anyone know a campsite nearby we can stay in a 34ft RV Rookesbury in the BPG is no good as we did'nt rejoin CC this year as we don't use their sites enough to get our moneys worth.

If not it'll be a night in the docks

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Hi Rory Pammy found us a Truck stop for Sat night near Plymouth, £5 per night with Cafe and Pub:thumb: have you got the truck stop book
Geo

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Forestboy

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Hi Rory Pammy found us a Truck stop for Sat night near Plymouth, £5 per night with Cafe and Pub:thumb: have you got the truck stop book
Geo

Hi Geo
No I have'nt could you send me details of the truckstop please.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Will look one up for you
your going from Portsmouth so thres no point sending you the details of the one in Plymouth:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: you need a holliday mate
Geo

OP
OP
Forestboy

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
:Doh: think you're right :ROFLMAO:

Just found a website for truck stops found one in Portsmouth that welcomes M/h's I'll ring em tomorrow

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
We always stay at JM Caravans at Nutbourne, 10 mins from ferry.

If it's good enough for us ...............

Bon Voyage

and what is that about not getting your monies worth at £30 odd £ a year with all the money you've spent this year:Smile::Smile::Smile:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi Geo
No I have'nt could you send me details of the truckstop please.

Plymouth is 150 miles away, there used to be a truckstop in Burrfields Road portsmouth. Adjacent to the old airport site.
McDonald's - 1119 Ocean Retail Park, Ocean Park Burrfields Road ... Burrfields Road Portsmouth, England PO3 5NP United Kingdom .... Tourist Attraction, Train Station, Training Center, Travel Center / Truck Stop. Provider: ...
Link Removed - 100k - Cached - Similar pages

PC World Portsmouth, Burrfields Road Ocean Retail Park, Portsmouth ... Wi-Fi access details for PC World Portsmouth at Burrfields Road Ocean Retail Park, Portsmouth ... Train Station, Training Center, Travel Center / Truck Stop ...
Link Removed - 100k - Cached - Similar pages
More results from Link Removed »
Good luck.

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Sailing out from Portsmouth to Caen next Sunday morning does anyone know a campsite nearby we can stay in a 34ft RV Rookesbury in the BPG is no good as we did'nt rejoin CC this year as we don't use their sites enough to get our moneys worth.

If not it'll be a night in the docks

Hi JM Caravans suggested by billym is in the BPG

Olley

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
Hi Rory

You need to email the Highways Agency for their Free Truckstop guide. I would send you mine but unfortunately it 'disappeared' at one of the last shows I attended.

email: highwaysagency@twoten.press.net

web site: Link Removed.

By the way as Olley says, JM caravans is site 134 in the BPG.

Secondly, there is a new googlemap facility on the BPG website which is open to the public and which shows the location of every site in the BPG. Anybody, I repeat anybody, can ring me for details about any site shown.

OP
OP
Forestboy

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Thanks everyone we're sorted now.

and what is that about not getting your monies worth at £30 odd £ a year with all the money you've spent this year

Yeah I know thats why I don't want to spend any more "Times Are Hard" if we don't slow down I'll have to go back to work :Eeek:

C

Caravanning

Deleted User
I was going to suggest Rookesbury then read the post properly. We were staying there a few weeks ago, and did notice a CL round the corner. Not sure of the name. was a cattery, so might be easy to search.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back