here we go again... help needed (1 Viewer)

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Calling the people with the Burstner delfin t680 or anyone who can help. Driving the van very short distance to check it after all the probs with batteries etc, the dashboard light showing water and diesel started flashing. Next minute the van alarm started squealing. I pulled in but not before the hazard lights started flashing. I turned the engine off after turning the alarm off with the key... all was well. I turned the engine on and the red triangle for the hazard light switch was lit.... I couldn't remember if this is normal. Everything drove normally then except for this... When I switch the engine off the light does go off. BUT I am sure this light shouldn't be on and since I had to buy a new battery last week as the other one kept losing power .. ermm .. could this light be why.... Should the light be on when the ignition is switched on? Is it perhaps connected somehow even when the engine is not switched on. :Sad:

flatpackchicken

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2010
BICESTER OXFORDSHIRE
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I8000
Exp
Since nov 2009
Hi Joy,,,, Not having much luck are you with your van,,,, Just a thought, because of the alarm going off on its own whilst you was travelling, and the warning triangle light is on and you had to have a new battery because it would not hold its charge,,,,, sounds like your battery in not charging properly maybe and then when you have low power in your battery it may cause the alarm to go off and other things to start happening, just a thought here, do you have a battery gauge on your panel in hab area that you can press and see how much power you have in your battery, it should read about 12.7v fully charged and about 10.5v completely dead. Also are you sure the red warning light is the hazard warning light or could it be the ignition light on, as if it is the ignition light on then this would denote the battery in not charging ie Fan belt gone or alternator problem
Regards Garry Flatpackchicken

Last edited:
May 16, 2010
North Hykeham
Funster No
MH
Custom
Exp
much more now
Joy.....The hazard warning light should not be on unless the hazard warning switch is turned on.....you could try turning then hazards on then off again...

failing that get an auto electrician to look at it...

as far as your first part is concerned are you sure your alarm wasn't /didn't get armed?

sorry can't offer further help..

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Joy I seem to remember that you and alarms have History :ROFLMAO:

I must admit your post confused me Lights on Lights off (were they flashing blue?:ROFLMAO:)

Which light was on when you switched off the ignition and did it stay on?

John

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Joy I seem to remember that you and alarms have History :ROFLMAO:

I must admit your post confused me Lights on Lights off (were they flashing blue?:ROFLMAO:)

Which light was on when you switched off the ignition and did it stay on?

John

Thanks everyone.. (Garry just tried to send pm but my computer cuts off when I click submit... ) The triangular hazard button on the dashboard comes on when I switch the ignition on .... even though I havn't pushed it in. It won't switch off. The hazard lights aren't going but I can get them going if I push the hazard button though. However, when I was driving they decided to switch on themselves..... and so did the alarm. I didn't push anything to switch them on .. both hands were on the wheel .. honest:whatthe:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Sometimes the hazard light is on when the hazards are off and then when the hazards are on the light flashes, does that make sense. The hazards would flash if the alarm was activated for some reason.

Martin

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Garry will try and answer again ... I keep getting cut off.... succinctly new engine battery last week and the readings after the journey were 13v for leisure and engine battery ... but will see what tomorrow after standing all night. Had van back to timberland two weeks ago cos battery and fuse probs. Had Greenflag out this week cos of same and engine wouldn't start. Wonder whether before new battery, it went because of hazard lights switching themselves on because battery low ... and if so what was draining the battery. Will see if it does it to new battery and wonder what draining THIS one too.

Email to Timberland again on Monday I see. :Sad: Hope this reply goes through.. fed up of typing same thing.

happypre65

Free Member
Nov 12, 2010
Funster No
Help needed

Hi,Sounds like an alarm problem not the battery,all these things would happen if you have a fault in the alarm,so i think this is possibly a quick fix,hope so,regards H.::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

happypre65

Free Member
Nov 12, 2010
Funster No
Help needed

Hi,Sounds like an alarm fault not the battery,sould be a quick fix hope so all these things would happen if you have an alarm problem,regards H.::bigsmile:

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
Do you know what type of alarm it is? I would find out who the installer or local agent is & speak to them.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back