TV Kaput (1 Viewer)

Jul 3, 2008
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
since 1998
Hi I have been using my Tv on 12volt and my digi box on inverter, the other day whilst watching TV it suddenly went blank (no picture) but still had sound, with very faint pictue if you looked closely.
Can anyone tell me if It is ok to use 12v/inverter together or do I have to run both TV and digi box on one or the other ie both on 12v or both on inverter.
THanks in advance for any information and advice.
Froggijock:Eeek:

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
Hi I have been using my Tv on 12volt and my digi box on inverter, the other day whilst watching TV it suddenly went blank (no picture) but still had sound, with very faint pictue if you looked closely.
Can anyone tell me if It is ok to use 12v/inverter together or do I have to run both TV and digi box on one or the other ie both on 12v or both on inverter.
THanks in advance for any information and advice.
Froggijock:Eeek:

::bigsmile: By using the Inverter at the same time as tthe 12volts for TV. You were draining the voltage below the TV's operating voltage. First you lose the picture then eventually the sound will go. :winky:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
::bigsmile: By using the Inverter at the same time as tthe 12volts for TV. You were draining the voltage below the TV's operating voltage. First you lose the picture then eventually the sound will go. :winky:
Bit like the over 50s then John:ROFLMAO:
Geo not geo

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Froggijock,read the attached and all should become clear.
terry

Attachments

• SIMPLE GUIDE TO 12 VOLT LCD TV FOR MOTORHOMES.doc
    28 KB · Views: 30
OP
OP
frogijock
Jul 3, 2008
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
since 1998
Thanks to all for your input re my TV problem, looks like I will have to go out and buy new Tele., and more than likely a new 12v digi box as well so that it is then all compatable
cheers
Froggijock

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Froggijock.try your tv with a fully charged battery it may well be ok,also asda sell a Duraband freeview box:thumb::thumb: that is 12v for £13 this can be wired direct to your tv ariel plug
terry

OP
OP
frogijock
Jul 3, 2008
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
since 1998
Hi Froggijock.try your tv with a fully charged battery it may well be ok,also asda sell a Duraband freeview box:thumb::thumb: that is 12v for £13 this can be wired direct to your tv ariel plug
terry

Hi Terry, will try your idea unfortunatly they don'thave Asda in France where I live. :cry:
Do you happen to know if the tv is permanently damaged or is it just having a rest, and will work ok after a couple of days.
cheers for your help

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi frogijock,the only thing I can suggest is plug it in and see if it works,if not then it is a trip to the repair shop or a new one.If you have to buy new try one with a plug on it same as the attachment picture and wire stright to the ariel plug or battery,mine has only ever lost picture with volume still on and no dammage :thumb: Hope yours is ok :thumb:
terry

OP
OP
frogijock
Jul 3, 2008
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
since 1998
Hi frogijock,the only thing I can suggest is plug it in and see if it works,if not then it is a trip to the repair shop or a new one.If you have to buy new try one with a plug on it same as the attachment picture and wire stright to the ariel plug or battery,mine has only ever lost picture with volume still on and no dammage :thumb: Hope yours is ok :thumb:
terry

Hi Terry will give it a try later today and let you know how I get on.
thanks for your help

OP
OP
frogijock
Jul 3, 2008
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
since 1998
to terry

:cry:
terry

Hi Terry Tried my tv no joy with picture looks like I am going to have to fork out for a new one and also a 12volt digi box, thanks for your help.
Frgijock :cry:

Thepips

Trade Member
Sep 26, 2007
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Was your TV designed for 12v or does it have a mains to 12v power adapter? If it's the latter then I think you've blown the tv through over voltage. :cry::cry: My last tv was run of a 12v regulator, I think it's a sensible investment to protect a TV costing a couple of hundred quid. Have a look at Amperor for a suitable regulator.

Regards
Doug

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi know this is not going to help frogijock,but asda are doing a onn 15ins lcd 12v for 89 quid not worth spending 35/40 quids on a regulater to protect it as the regulater stops the tv working as soon as it his about 11.5 v which is not very long.
terry

Thepips

Trade Member
Sep 26, 2007
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Hi Terry,
That's a great price for a TV.
Not sure where you're getting your information from regarding regulators. We ran our Bush TV on a 12v regulator that worked right down from 10 up to 28 volts. Not that our batteries ever got to those extremes:ROFLMAO:. Apart from protecting the TV another benefit is that the TV carried on working even when the water pump or heating cuts in and the voltage drops.:thumb:

Regards
Doug

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back