Hired an Escape 624 for a few days (1 Viewer)

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
2018, Apache 634 150 Auto
Exp
Since 2015
So, I am hiring before buying so I hope we like it. Pick the MH up from Glasgow airport on the 5th of April. Nothing for hire in Aberdeen or Shire for that week due to it being the school holidays. Not to worry though we will head up the West coast for a few days. Stop one is at Cashel farm near Balmaha. Stop two (if I can ge through on the phone to book it - no answer for the last two days and no reply to my e-mail to the CC club) is Maragowan at Killin. We visited the co-op there for some refreshments :winky: during our Christmas break last year at Lochearnhead and my wife loved Killin. Stop three is Oban, well Ledaig caravan park. Stop four is back to Cashel so that we have a short trip back to Glasgow before heading back up to Aberdeen.

The van configuration is not what we would have chosen but with having a dog, the choices are limited. Further, most 2 berth hires I have seen have fixed beds so better with the Escape for this purpose I think.

good times....................::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi hope you enjoy your trip, the site at Kilin may be closed until the endowment of march so might be why no reply. If you don't need to be on a site you can wildcamp at the big green Welly shop for free in Tyndrum just inform them when you arrive, there is also a MH stopover in Tyndrum. Plus you can stay overnight for free at Glencoe ski resort or pay £10 for a pitch and hook up lovely and peaceful.
There is also a pub in the next village about 2 mile past Calendar that allows you to overnight if using pub.

Have a nice trip and if after any info just ask.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
ABZSteve

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2015
Hi hope you enjoy your trip, the site at Kilin may be closed until the endowment of march so might be why no reply. If you don't need to be on a site you can wildcamp at the big green Welly shop for free in Tyndrum just inform them when you arrive, there is also a MH stopover in Tyndrum. Plus you can stay overnight for free at Glencoe ski resort or pay £10 for a pitch and hook up lovely and peaceful.
There is also a pub in the next village about 2 mile past Calendar that allows you to overnight if using pub.

Excellent Lorger, thanks for the information :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
ABZSteve

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2015

Yip, closed until the end of March. I should have checked their website first :Doh: I booked the CC at Ledaig and assumed all sites would be open. I am learning :Doh::Doh:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Upvote 0

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Killin is great isn't it.. Especially if you have your dog.. Had to be one of the most dog friendly places in Scotland. We were there recently and stayed at lomond woods at Balloch. Enjoy

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back