Dartford tunnel crossing update (1 Viewer)

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
I understand that using a mobile phone whilst driving is an offence. Some clever plonker doesn't seem to have thought this through,I wonder if it comes from the same [STRIKE]septic[/STRIKE]think tank as LEZ.

Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning
I'd like to think they'd link ANPR to my DartTag account so I get charged automatically.
The technology is already there, as TFL have been doing it for the congestion charge for several years.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
I understand that using a mobile phone whilst driving is an offence. Some clever plonker doesn't seem to have thought this through,I wonder if it comes from the same [STRIKE]septic[/STRIKE]think tank as LEZ.
I would imagine paying by sms or mobile would be similar to the lez. You don't pay as you're driving.

Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
Does that mean us "Johnny foreigners" can get away with not paying??:ROFLMAO:
When I lived in London always remember when it was built being told constantly when the tolls had reached cost of building it would be free!!
Or maybe it was only me being told that or someone thinks we all have short memories.:Blush:

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
Does that mean us "Johnny foreigners" can get away with not paying??:ROFLMAO:
When I lived in London always remember when it was built being told constantly when the tolls had reached cost of building it would be free!!
Or maybe it was only me being told that or someone thinks we all have short memories.:Blush:
They told us that in 1933 when the first Mersey tunnel was opened and the toll for both has now increased to
£1-70 each way!

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
I will accept the inconvenience of paying by SMS, online or 'phone if I never have to queue again! :thumb:
Most of us could pay in advance if off to France or get OH to send text whilst we drive once through/across.
I accept we may pay but not travel, but I can live with losing a couple of quid to know them damn barriers have gone.:party2:

OP
OP
tofo
Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
I will accept the inconvenience of paying by SMS, online or 'phone if I never have to queue again! :thumb:
Most of us could pay in advance if off to France or get OH to send text whilst we drive once through/across.
I accept we may pay but not travel, but I can live with losing a couple of quid to know them damn barriers have gone.:party2:

Seems the barriers will remain kent to essex( tunnels) to control traffic

I'm thinking so vehicles can't stay in the tunnel for a lengthy wait

So hopefully not in full time use

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Spottycatz

Free Member
Feb 17, 2013
Racodorm
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Low Profile
Exp
Still making mistakes! But they're not as costly.
Don't have a mobile phone! Can I pay by cheque :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back