Price Haggling II (1 Viewer)

Jan 16, 2014
Harleston, Harleston, Norfolk, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class, Autotrail Scout
Exp
Oct, 2013
I didn't want to steal Puddleducks Thread, so I started this one to answer the question posed by Jhorsf

Mike said a similar thing about you:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Dawns mum is Dutch and as we really didn't know each other too well at the beginning I found her very easy to 'wind up'. when I was discussing the wedding with her I casually mentioned that I was expecting some form of dowry as this is quite usual in the UK. She ask what I expected, looking through her kitchen window I could see some cows in a field. "Cows" I said, "At least a dozen".
Dawn came in then, explained to her mum that I was being my usual self and to take no notice. I forgot about it. On our wedding day as we opened the presents I was pleasantly shocked and delighted to find a box address solely to me. Inside there were 12 plastic cows & 4 plastic dray horses, also a private note, part of which explained that this was my dowry for Dawn.
Every year on our wedding anniversary I receive a 'cow' (plastic/china etc.) from my mother-in-law. In some ways this woman is actually human.:Smile:

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Lovely!

My cousin married for the second time and my uncle told her new husband she was "sold as seen" and no returns!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Mike B
Jan 16, 2014
Harleston, Harleston, Norfolk, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class, Autotrail Scout
Exp
Oct, 2013
Lovely!

My cousin married for the second time and my uncle told her new husband she was "sold as seen" and no returns!

My father-in-law gave me £500 on our wedding day with the comment that if I returned Dawn, he expected the money back. :roflmto:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
I was only kidding Dawn 778685.gif

Upvote 0

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Talking of haggling, someone came on this site yesterday, which is 7.50 euros a night with electric, wifi, free use of car for shopping, toilet, shower and sitting room with T.V. and tried to haggle a 2 euro price. The bloody cheek of some

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back