We're off!!! (1 Viewer)

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Folkestone tonight, chunnel tomorrow, then Holland, Belgium, Luxembourg, Italy, Croatia, Montengro, Albania, Greece, Crete. Should arrive in Crete sometime early April.

Wooo Hooo!! - mixture of excitement and anxiousness.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Uk_6WWy0RA"]I'll Follow the Sun-Beatles for Sale - YouTube[/ame]

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Safe travels, Dude, hope you will be updating us with photos. I like to travel vicariously, the morocco thread is nearly over, you could be our next inspiration. :thumb:

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Safe travelling. Have a wonderful time :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Spenders

Free Member
Jan 19, 2013
Tadcaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2013
Er.... hang on..

Folkestone tonight, chunnel tomorrow, then Holland, Belgium, Luxembourg, ???? Italy, Croatia, Montengro, Albania, Greece, Crete. Should arrive in Crete sometime early April.

I'll Follow the Sun-Beatles for Sale - YouTube

Wow....... sounds like a top plan.... BUT..... I think I've spotted a slight flaw...

I may have only done 'O' level geography, but I don't recall Luxembourg and Italy having a common border.... or have you got a cunning but hitherto secret plan that you daren't share with us? Are you going to teleport or is there one of those impressive continental tunnels straight from Luxembourg to the Alps??

Either way it sounds like a top trip and I'm... what's the word for it... oh yes... JEALOUS! Have fun folks.

Simon
:thumb:

UK Pete

Free Member
Jan 16, 2014
kent
Funster No
MH
Renault van conversion
Exp
on/off since 1991in campervanss
Be safe and report back to fellow funsters how you get on, oh yes i am so envious of you and people who can do this sort of thing, i have yet to stray out of the UK, but one day i will do some touring and travel for months on end
pete

Microchip

Free Member
Apr 8, 2012
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2005
Don't forget to check your tyres :thumb: have fun mate.

Keith

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
What a fantastic trip to embark upon. Have a safe journey and if you find any spare time please let us know how it's progressing.:thumb:

Mar 25, 2013
Maidstone Kent
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit 160
Exp
Since 2013
Would love to hear how get on. We regularly go a Greek island called Meganisi but have never been to the mainland so would like to give it a go with the MH :thumb:

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
That's a trip I plan to do though perhaps only stopping in mainland Greece. We have had several holidays in Crete but mainland Greece is unexplored for us and the Peloponnese sounds very interesting. Edward Enfield's Greece on My Wheels is a good read about the area and its history.

Are you planning to return the same way? Once in Greece it might be tempting to head North East and swerve back through Bulgaria, Romania and Hungary - assuming no unpleasantness from Ukraine spills over into the region!

Good luck sorting out your insurance in the Balkans. Do keep us posted on your progress.

Last edited:

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
Sounds like a great plan Dude, Hope you have a fab time!:Cool:

and yes that is def a word I would choose too Simon JEALOUS!:cry:

Never mind 15 months and counting tick tock tick tock.....:winky:

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Folkestone tonight, chunnel tomorrow, then Holland, Belgium, Luxembourg, Italy,[HI] Croatia[/HI], Montengro, Albania, Greece, Crete. Should arrive in Crete sometime early April.

I'll Follow the Sun-Beatles for Sale - YouTube
Have fun !

Am planning on visiting Croatia in May/June. If you pick up any tips for campsites, customs, costs etc. please post for all our benefit.

Bon voyage!

Jan 9, 2013
Newbury
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2000
Have fun !

Am planning on visiting Croatia in May/June. If you pick up any tips for campsites, customs, costs etc. please post for all our benefit.

Bon voyage!

There's a good article about touring Croatia in the Practical Motorhome - April 2014, on sale now. It includes some site recommendations as well as ferries and other details.

Have fun! :coolthumb:

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
sounds a great trip

Please post some pictures etc as you go :thumb::thumb:

Have a great and safe trip ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Jan 8, 2014
Emsworth
Funster No
MH
Bailey 740
Exp
Have a great trip - Croatia is lovely, people are friendly and Dubrovnik has to be on the tour list. Campsites are pretty well marked but could be tight in a large MH - Some road signs are a bit of a muddle. Have fun ::bigsmile:

OP
OP
The Dudess
Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Uttoxeter to Crete road trip - the journey so far

Well, we've been on the road for 22 days now, have stayed on 16 sites across Holland, Belgium, France, Italy, Croatia and are now on a site in Montenegro.

The border crossing into Montenegro from Croatia was incredibly easy and efficient - the border guard kept our passports, directed us to an office just behind him and 5 minutes later we had our insurance for Montenegro - 18 euros - a bargain!! Went back to the guard, showed him the insurance, retrieved our passports and off we drove into Montenegro. ::bigsmile:

Tomorrow we are crossing into Albania - now that might be another story altogether - we'll see. :Eeek:

scottie58

Free Member
Jul 20, 2009
berks
Funster No
MH
A class
How did you get through the tiny bit of bosnia? Our insurance does not cover it! Can you buy it near the crossing?

Have fun!

OP
OP
The Dudess
Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
We took a ferry from Ploce to Trbanj – it runs 4 times each day and cost us 44.26 euros but our van is over 7 metres so you may pay less. The journey takes 45 mins and the views are wonderful. :thumb:
We then stayed at Orebic at a lovely little site called Camping Palme (ACSI). If you don’t want to stay over you can just continue driving on through towards Dubrovnik.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back