Dash Cam - Morocco (1 Viewer)

MrMotorhome

Funster
Deceased RIP
May 19, 2009
Funster No
A few people have asked about the dash cam I bought\used in Morocco so thought I would add it to the forum. I bought this to film scenery, not number plates.

DASH CAM - CLICK HERE

Make sure you also buy the card (see below CLASS 10) which you can buy at the same time. Some people buy a cheap card and then complain about the camera which I have found to be very good for what I required. Buy both from AMAZON incase you need to return them. Takes apprx 10 days to arrive, you will also need to buy a USB 'micro card reader' to read the micro card on your computer.

Card: SanDisk microSDHC Ultra 32GB, class 10, UHS-I, 30MB/sec. + SD adapter, Mobile £17.98

The instructions are not very good but you will soon get the hang of it if you take your time. Once set up (bit fiddly) you can easily switch it off and on as required. When you run the film on your computer/laptop it also 'maps' your trip on 'google maps'.

Ours is set to single forward screen with the sound off. You can record yourself at the same time if you wish. You can adjust the camera lens angle up and down depending on what you are filming and you can also turn the camera to film sideways for example.

I have included a small edited example of a drive through Tanger Med Port in Morocco.

Hope this info proves useful. :thumb:

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]SBrT3AMl1dg[/MEDIA]"]CLICK HERE - Tanger Med Port, Morocco[/ame]

Last edited:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
A few people have asked about the dash cam I bought\used in Morocco so thought I would add it to the forum. I bought this to film scenery, not number plates.

DASH CAM - CLICK HERE

Make sure you also buy the card (see below CLASS 10) which you can buy at the same time. Some people buy a cheap card and then complain about the camera which I have found to be very good for what I required. Buy both from AMAZON incase you need to return them. Takes apprx 10 days to arrive, you will also need to buy a USB 'micro card reader' to read the micro card on your computer.

Card: SanDisk microSDHC Ultra 32GB, class 10, UHS-I, 30MB/sec. + SD adapter, Mobile £17.98

The instructions are not very good but you will soon get the hang of it if you take your time. Once set up (bit fiddly) you can easily switch it off and on as required. When you run the film on your computer/laptop it also 'maps' your trip on 'google maps'.

Ours is set to single forward screen with the sound off. You can record yourself at the same time if you wish. You can adjust the camera lens angle up and down depending on what you are filming and you can also turn the camera to film sideways for example.

I have included a small edited example of a drive through Tanger Med Port in Morocco.
[/HI]
sorry, your link comes up blank

EDIT.. see it now

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Thanks Andrew - very helpful. Now all we need is a few lessons in captioning and adding music/soundtrack! :winky: :RollEyes:

Hope you will include this little Tanger clip on your DVD!

Catherine

Last edited:

JackieP

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2006
So interesting to see this. Thanks. I can't believe the difference between leaving to go to the Tangier side. So peaceful. When we went back to Algeceras it was a nightmare with every man for himself! Exciting but a bit nerve wracking. Is it just as quiet the other way?

And, as an aside, is the music Souad Masssi? Sounds very familiar.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
The one thing that stands out ? How clean that all looks compared to Dunkirk or Calais :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 18, 2011
Hull
Funster No
MH
Autotrail 634
Exp
Since 2006
Another thing for my wife to moan about....just ordered one:cry:Thanks for the link but may end in another pair of shoes for the boss!

Roryboys Dad

Free Member
Mar 19, 2012
Glapwell Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Reference P716 LPR
Exp
MrMotorhome – thanks for sharing your expertise with us all.

I wish more would post videos of places they've seen to show what to expect and be informative as well.

Just a few questions -
Did the original clip record in AVI format?
Did you edit the clip on WMM - or something else?
What format was the finished video when you posted it on Youtube?

:france::france::france:

OP
OP
MrMotorhome

MrMotorhome

Funster
Deceased RIP
May 19, 2009
Funster No
MrMotorhome – thanks for sharing your expertise with us all.

I wish more would post videos of places they've seen to show what to expect and be informative as well.

Just a few questions -
Did the original clip record in AVI format?
Did you edit the clip on WMM - or something else?
What format was the finished video when you posted it on Youtube?

1.) You save and copy the clip to your computer hard drive to edit it via a reader. It is in the AVI format.

2.) Yes on WMM

3.) WMM converts the ‘project’ when you are finished editing to AVI format which you can then upload or convert to a DVD.

Hope the above helps. :thumb:

phodetheus

Free Member
Jan 20, 2014
Full timer
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
3 months
Been umming and arring over getting a dash cam for ages and just couldn't make up my mind over which one to get. Many thanks you finally made it easy for me. Its all ordered.

grasscutter

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 11, 2009
East Wittering. West Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i588
Exp
Started in 1980
Thankyou Andrew. We have been looking for a dash cam for a while so we have now ordered this one. Do I send the commission straight to you or will amazon sort it out :ROFLMAO:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
I have just watched your utube vids of the tour and its made me want to go thank you I really enjoyed them

OP
OP
MrMotorhome

MrMotorhome

Funster
Deceased RIP
May 19, 2009
Funster No
PDF of instructions

For those have decided to buy this dash cam (members on this thread) - I have a PDF of the instructions, it's very useful as it is also written in Chinese and Russian. :Cool:

PM your email address to me and I will email by return. :thumb:

Last edited:

Gunner29

Free Member
May 24, 2012
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Just what I am looking for and at a decent price too:thumb:

Thanks for that interesting video

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
I bought a dash cam a few weeks ago, mounted it in the car for now intending to mount it in the M/H later on, only thing is, since I fitted it in the car, we have not had a single incident worthy of mentioning, let alone one worth filming, long
may it continue.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Mine was delivered today, so obviously been having a play ::bigsmile:.
I've discovered the suction mount... doesn't, at least not where I want it. But that's the "fault" of my Avensis, due the shading dots on the windscreen means it's not completely smooth.
Still, I've discovered the G Sensor works as the file that was being recorded when it fell off was "locked" :ROFLMAO:.

Then I had a corrupted file...
...and no gps information :Sad:.

So, I took it for another run out, and thanks to a long wait at a junction, the gps found out where I was - it's quite cool on replay to see where you were on a moving map :thumb:.

Noticed it logged my speed too :Eeek:, might be a double edged sword that!

Really strange watching oneself drive... I like the rear view camera, sort of... but not with me as the starring role :Doh:.
[must remember not to pick my nose...]

Happy enough with the picture quality, it's never going to win any HiDef prizes, and plate identification would be problematic - but it does clearly show what was going on.

At the moment, two niggles.;
One - location & mounting. Currently upside down, stuck on with velcro double sided tape. Not elegant but its working, and the resultant video can be flipped on playback. not ideal as the datestamp/time is upside down. These issues will be resolved
Two - saving a video file, I've only tried twice, once was ok for a very short file, but the last one only saved 2m30s of an 18 min video. Don't know why.
And of course I deleted the original file off the SD card before I found that out, so can't try it again.

Tomorrow is another day - not at all a bad [STRIKE]toy[/STRIKE] tool for £30 odd.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
wish we had had one friday on the way to newark we had a lorry spin a car right in front of us car hit the barrier and spun back to the hard shoulder

grasscutter

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 11, 2009
East Wittering. West Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i588
Exp
Started in 1980
Very pleased with the picture quality and found the operating instructions OK.
Big downside is I cannot get my macbook to read the SD card. I have had to resort to an old laptop running Vista.

Gunner29

Free Member
May 24, 2012
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
dash cam

have looked at a few cameras on www.techmoan.com and the one I feel fits the bill for me is the DR 32
Anyone have one and if so how do you rate it ?

moonman

Free Member
Mar 3, 2014
wirral
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2003
many thanks for the heads up on this camera. mine came on Monday. Had to wait a few weeks for it to arrive and I was a bit concerned as it was packed (squeezed) into a small jiffy bag - but no worries works perfectly great value.::bigsmile:
Think I order another for day car!

Last edited:

Onderweg

Funster
Jul 17, 2008
Vlissingen, Holland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
As of April 2008
Nice one :thumb::thumb:

Just wondering now
1. Will Amazon deliver in the Netherlands ?
2. 32GB, how long is that time-wise and will it overwrite when full ?
3. Can it record when it is dark ?

Thanks for sharing, think i will like this gadget :Eeek:

Paul

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
1. Don't know
2. A long time, I presume it will overwrite as it "protected" a file thanks to the g sensor when mine fell off the windscreen...
3. Yes it will record at night, but all you'll see is darkness :ROFLMAO:
Seriously, it's a cheap camera, I don't think it has any infra red capability, and in any case my car doesn't have any infra red lights.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
1. Don't know
2. A long time, I presume it will overwrite as it "protected" a file thanks to the g sensor when mine fell off the windscreen...
3. Yes it will record at night, but all you'll see is darkness :ROFLMAO:
Seriously, it's a cheap camera, I don't think it has any infra red capability, and in any case my car doesn't have any infra red lights.
Update:
This is a seriously clever piece of kit for thirty plus quid :Eeek:

OK, on a base level the resolution is sufficient enough to enjoy your picturesque journey along the road. I doubt you will be able to identify that idiot who overtakes you on a blind bend at 100mph... But the police might, make model & colour of car together with forensic enhancement might, just might, identify a character or two of the licence plate....

From what might be possible to what this gizmo actually does:
It is an independent witness of any incident you might be involved in.
Not only does it record video but also location, and your speed. The G sensor is sensitive enough to record acceleration, deceleration, braking. It will certainly record if you are hit from behind whilst stationary.

2hr of video seems to take about 8gb
Saving files as Avi works fine, I just didn't wait long enough for the transfer to complete. It's not quick. For some reason it seems to split files into 1.7gb.

Anyway for thirty quid plus, an exceptional gadget to possibly record that beautiful drive and hopefully never to be used witness to that numbnuts who fell off his skateboard in front of you :Eeek: (yes really, luckily I stopped in time).

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Last edited:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Question..
Does it come with a power lead so it can run off a cigarette socket ?

TheHat

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2012
thurrock
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2012
Question..
Does it come with a power lead so it can run off a cigarette socket ?

1 x USB Cable.
1 x Car Charger.
1 x Mount Holder.
1 x Rechargeable Battery.
1 x HD IR DVR Night Vision Car Dashboard Road Recorder
hope that helps
but i ordered this one
Broken Link Removed

Last edited:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
That is the one I currently have.. Its a good little unit and works well but I wanted one that points in to the cab as well as towards the front, hence the possible upgrade ..

Thanks fo the info on tother one.. Looks like that is exactly what I want.. Fold saying they are charging them up made me think they are battery only !

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back