Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
I am looking to fix a reversing camera to my mh and have been in touch with Dave Newell asking for advice:Smile: As I drive a N+B A class I was worried with the distance from driver to dashboard that seeing the screen might present problems but the young lady at Dave Newell says they have fitted 4.1" (Roadpro RV430)" monitors to A class motorhomes without any problems.

I am sure she is right but I would appreciate comments from fellow "A" class motorhomers.

Many thanks

Norman

Jul 29, 2011
Urmston, Manchester
Funster No
MH
Former owner.
Exp
June 2012
.............and your screen is 4.1"?

Just been out to check it, 7 inch wide screen.

I suppose it depends on location and view from the drivers seat.

Attachments

• IMG_0931.jpg
    IMG_0931.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 18

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Dave N fitted a Camos system for me a few years ago in our Hymer A class. That too came from Roadpro.
The monitor (no longer available) is slightly larger than the one you are looking at. It is a 4:3 format 5" screen but the visible area will be a bit less than 5" diagonal. It is perfectly large enough for easy viewing and I would have thought the option you are considering will be fine.
By comparison, I have a Garmin Dēzl SatNav mounted at the same distance from me as the reversing monitor - one each side of the instrument binnacle. The SatNav too has a 5" diagonal screen (but is widescreen format) and both screens are easily seen.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back