Truma Water heater won't work on gas!!! (1 Viewer)

gazza280

Free Member
Sep 26, 2012
Worthing
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
Hi Guys

Have a problem with my Truma Ultrastore water heater. Its been working fine on ehu and Gas but today went to turn it on from the Gas and I am not getting anything from the dial. It usually lights up green but not today. Seems to be completely dead.

I have now been using the ehu and it fires up as it should, but it won't fire up on Gas. Everything else is working on Gas, fridge, and cooker.
On investigation I traced the cable from the wall dial to the PCB but could not get it to work.
I understand that there is a 1.6amp fuse on the PCB but I can't check if this is the problem because I can't take the housing off of the heater to get to the fuse.
I know it can be taken off but not found out how to do it yet.

I don't think the PCB needs changing, well I hope not at £200 a pop, because the heater works on ehu and that is dependent on the PCB to work.

Has anyone else had a problem like this, or any ideas, or any help, or anything???

Thanks in advance
Gary

FULL TIMER

Free Member
May 31, 2012
NORWICH
Funster No
MH
SELF BUILT IVECO 75E17
Exp
BEEN BUILDING THEM FOR 32 years
Sounds like the small glass fuse on the circuit board could have blown, either that or the board has become dislodged, by the way the board has nothing to do with the 240v mains side of things that is totally independent, From memory access to the board is by removing the plastic grey covers on the side of the boiler and to the right, where the 12v supply and switch / thermo wiring enters the boiler, the circuit board just pulls up and out, it might just need a gentle push down into the connectors in the bottom. BY THE WAY BEFORE you check all this have you checked the main fuse in the 12v supply to the heater, there should be one. you can check if you have 12v at the boiler supply by removing the small plastic grey cover mentioned before just under there will be two plastic terminals red and blue normally, use a multi meter on these to check for 12v if no 12v here the main fuse has probably blown in the supply circuit to the boiler.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Further to the above IF I remember there's a small screw holding the triangle plastic cover in place (look for hole) It is easy to pull out PCB and check the fuse poss 2 fuses on the PCB :thumb:--You could well solve the problem when you reconnect the plugs ::bigsmile: Go to Truma direct for the PCB they don't add a mark up :winky:
when Paul got his hands on mine he simply looked at PCB and said it's either that,that or them -got out the soldering iron and changed the 5 items in about ten mins - reassembled the board in place turned boiler on =hey-presto -- covers are still half put on boiler 5 yrs down the line ::bigsmile: and boiler still working good :thumb:--boiler in a very awkward cnr cupboard fitted before we put work top on :Doh:A bit tight for 2 18 st -ers to get into ::bigsmile:
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

FULL TIMER

Free Member
May 31, 2012
NORWICH
Funster No
MH
SELF BUILT IVECO 75E17
Exp
BEEN BUILDING THEM FOR 32 years
Have you remembered to take the gas outlet/intake external cover off... Sorry to be silly if you already have.....:Smile:

That is a point worth noting, but not in this case as the OP has no power at the switch, the cover still being in place will not have any effect on the electrics, in fact it is quite a spectacular site to see one light with the cover still in place, normally followed by a bloody great bang and the cover ending up on the opposite side of the campsite.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
there are two screws on the triangular panel which comes of to reveal the top edge of the pcb before removing the board i would check you have twelve volts on the conecter as there an external fuse there are two push fit connectors on the top edge which pull up to remove hold the board in place as you pull them up .then the board will slide up and out fuse is then obvious
when you put the board back in it has to plug in to a connecter at the base its virtually guided down into place by lugs and shouldnt be forced
some times theres three connectors on top of the board the extra one is only if you have a window cut out switch

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

SoapyTutti

Free Member
Jan 21, 2013
East Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
"I'm a newbie"
Hi Guys

Have a problem with my Truma Ultrastore water heater. Its been working fine on ehu and Gas but today went to turn it on from the Gas and I am not getting anything from the dial. It usually lights up green but not today. Seems to be completely dead.

I have now been using the ehu and it fires up as it should, but it won't fire up on Gas. Everything else is working on Gas, fridge, and cooker.
On investigation I traced the cable from the wall dial to the PCB but could not get it to work.
I understand that there is a 1.6amp fuse on the PCB but I can't check if this is the problem because I can't take the housing off of the heater to get to the fuse.
I know it can be taken off but not found out how to do it yet.

I don't think the PCB needs changing, well I hope not at £200 a pop, because the heater works on ehu and that is dependent on the PCB to work.

Has anyone else had a problem like this, or any ideas, or any help, or anything???

Thanks in advance
Gary

Check that you have sufficient gas pressure we have a gaslow system and we realised that if the pressure got low or when it was cold albeit propane when we had both bottles open it worked fine

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back